Architect / Food Retail Feasibility Planner
Architect / Food Retail Feasibility Planner – Full Time
To start early 2019
We are looking for a talented Architect or Designer with a minimum of 3 years specific experience in food retail / Supermarkets to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic about problem solving, able to work accurately to tight deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills. They will be expected to work both independently and as an integral part of our small and friendly team.
The role is predominantly to prepare initial feasibility studies for our client, to assist them with their financial and viability appraisal process for both new sites and those in their existing estate. These feasibilities are generally worked to a high level of detail to provide a ‘right first time’ proposal.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop feasibility schemes from initial hand drawn layouts to packages of information for Approval at Stage 1 (site plan proposals) and Stage 2 (pre-planning plans & elevations)
- Work constructively with the wider design team to inform and refine initial design concepts and approval reports
- Work with the team to support the client to tracking schemes through the process and assist where needed with their internal engagement and approval.
Skills and experience
Education: A relevant architecture or design degree
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ UK work experience working specifically in food retail planning with a good strategic understanding of the key commercial drivers in this sector.
Applicants should have:
- A creative and efficient approach to problem solving
- High level of proficiency in
- AutoCAD, Revit and Sketch-up
- Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good hand drawing skills
- Professional manner and good interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
SRP are a small, friendly, international team based just off Brick Lane in Spitalfields. We work across a variety of sectors with current projects ranging from large-scale student housing and retail projects on site in Birmingham to luxury fit out and interior design office and residential projects in London.
All staff take an active part in the running and development of the practice and we believe in a good work/life balance with overtime the exception rather than the rule. Working hours are 09:00-18:00 with an hour for lunch. In addition to 20 days holiday we have a generous Christmas holiday shut down.
Salaries are competitive, negotiable and dependent on skills and experience. SRP looks after its staff and benefits include above average pension contributions, life and income protection cover, chocolate biscuits and the option of private health insurance.
SRP is committed to continuing professional development and can offer support for professional qualifications in addition to our ongoing CPD Programme.
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio with a covering letter highlighting your retail experience and your salary expectations to the Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org