A privately owned, internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities spanning the entire client value chain is currently looking for a Delmia Technician to join their Sheffield office ASAP! They operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
You will assist a team of Manufacturing Engineers in delivering world-class automotive Final Assembly processes in terms of feasibility, repeatability, ergonomics and safety, hours per car, ergonomics, quality and safety whilst matching with the general Bill of Sequence and projected manufacturing environment.
With robust knowledge of CAD tools, line layout and ergonomic requirements, you will be in charge of the following:
- Assess process feasibility by CAD manipulations to confirm flightpaths, tooling access and station heights.
- Lead the Virtual Build events from a CAD manipulation perspective.
- Interact with the Process Engineers and Product Engineers to implement DFM cues to parts when required (i.e. GD&T controlled locators).
- Interact with Facilities Engineers, Logistics Engineers and tooling vendors to collect digital models of their assets and implement them into your simulations.
- Report out in a synthetic manner the result of your studies and advise on next steps for process development.
- Develop this role further, in particular by proactively create and suggest improvements to the client's standards and procedures in terms of Final Assembly virtual simulation.
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar job.
- Automotive Final Assembly Process generation experience essential.
- Automotive Design for Assembly experience essential.
- Manufacturing ergonomic assessment experience essential
- Teamcenter/ Vismockup or CATIA.
- Delmia Process Engineer
- GD&T knowledge is a plus.
- Team player.
- Proactive, expected to enact a business process from concept through execution with directional guidance.
- Able to identify flaws in standards and procedures & develop and suggest improvements to them.
If this sounds like you, apply now!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.