Hunter Dunning are proud to be working with a RIBA chartered Architectural practice based in Brighton, well known for their dynamic and contemporary design. They are actively seeking an Architectural Technician to work across a diverse range of projects, including sustainability and community.
The practice is a Chartered RIBA practice with offices based in London and Brighton and over 20 years of experience in Architecture. Their projects are predominantly specialised in private residential including basements, school and community projects especially sustainable properties of all sizes and types.
Due to a growing pipeline of projects the practice requires an enthusiastic Architectural Technician to join their successful team of Architects, Technical staff and Designers.
Role & Responsibilities
The role will see you support with the initial inception and design stages, through to the final construction stages. Additionally, you will be expected to;
- Prepare planning and building regulation drawings.
- Liaise with consultants and manufacturers on site.
- Produce construction packages with direction and assistance.
- Produce production information under the guidance of a Senior Technician/Architect.
- Undertake technical research.
Required Skills & Experience
- Have good knowledge in AutoCAD.
- Ideally proficient in Microstation, but training will be provided.
- At least 2+ years in an Architectural practice working as a technician.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work independently or in a small team to a high standard.
- Experience in High end residential projects and knowledge of sustainable building would be advantageous.
Salary & Package
You will receive a salary between £20,000 – £30,000 depending on experience and the successful candidate will be joining an established practice, with genuine opportunities for progression.
Based right in the heart of Brighton, the practice is well located for all local amenities, including many lovely restaurants, quirky shopping outlets in The Lanes and a short walk to the beach.
Working under the guidance of Senior Technical staff, you will receive on-the-job training on a range of interesting and exciting projects.