The Company: We are an established and progressive company
based between Colchester and Sudbury at Nayland, in the beautiful
Stour Valley, which provides a very pleasant working environment.
The Company activity: We provide architectural
drawings for new buildings, extensions and renovations,
for both residential and commercial properties. Our team frequently
work on Listed Buildings and on more diverse or
complicated planning applications.
The ‘Passivhaus’ standard are is great interest to us too.
The Candidate: We wish to recruit an employee who works to the highest standards whether they are at the beginning or established in their career. They must also have their own car.
General description: To assist in all our work processes which will include:
- Carrying out site surveys and producing ‘survey as existing’ drawings.
- Preparing schemes and furthering to planning stage, including associated documentation.
- Preparing working drawings, together with other information for Building Regulations application.
- Seeing the project through the Building Regulation stage, including any amendments.
- Assisting client and/or contractor through the construction stage.
- To have a good knowledge of construction details, Building Regulations, construction materials and methods.
Skills required (essential):
- Have experience of working with AutoCAD and Microsoft office packages.
- Have knowledge or experience of construction details and methods.
- Have several years architectural experience.
Skills required (preferable):
- To have experience of working with Sketchup or Photoshop.
- To be thorough, conscientious and punctual.
- To have flair, show creativity and have a good eye for design.
- To be dynamic, progressive and flexible.
- To be a good communicator.
- To be able to work as both part of a team and/or independently.
- Salary offered: To be negotiated according to experience and ability.
- Hours: 37.5 or 30.00 per week.
- Holiday: 28 days including Bank holidays.
- Free parking.