Senior Transport Planner
This international multidisciplinary practice is looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner for their London team! In a very central London location, they are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and talented individual to join their planning team.
The work of the Senior Transport Planner will handle the transport planning component of projects handled by the department. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, good time management, well organized and a strong desire to deliver optimal results.
- Use the Quality System Procedures for project development as appropriate.
- Use International and National Standards as applicable.
- Prepare project identified deliverables from the department.
Supervise the work of subordinate staff.
- Develop and monitor surveys for collection of planning data.
- Model traffic flows using mathematical techniques and specialist computer applications.
- Prepare traffic demand forecasts for all transport modes.
- Forecast the effects of transport improvements, policy changes and environmental changes on traffic patterns and volumes.
- Provide planning input to multi-criteria analyses for infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate project details with superiors.
- May act as project manager and manages projects lead by the department.
- Maintain liaison and provide technical support to other departments, area offices, and project sites as required.
- Willing to travel at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months
- Principal Transport Planner/Project Manager
- Project staff under their supervision
- Key functional relationships
Education / Professional qualifications:
- 3-year Degree in Transport Planning or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Plus extensive experience (5 or more years) in related activities.
- MSc. or Ph.D. is an advantage.
If this sounds like you or if you know someone who is, apply now and get in touch!
Tel:0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.