Senior Sustainability Consultant Job (Remote Working) in England/Ireland
Senior Sustainability Consultant job available in England/Ireland! Our client is looking for an experienced sustainability lead, ideally from an architecture background but engineering or consultancy experience is also considered. You'll be at the forefront of the business' sustainability practices and assist in the development and expansion of the business in this area.
Our client's multidisciplinary team offers a wealth of experience and has been established for over 30 years, offering an end-to-end service, from concept design to completion on site and everything between. With a varied portfolio, this practice specialises in commercial, education, residential, social housing, data centres, healthcare projects, and more.
The last 18 months have seen this practice grow in staff numbers across all three offices in Ireland and with bigger plans for growth, especially within the UK market they are now looking to add a Senior Sustainability Consultant to support with the delivery of projects and to play a key part in the practice's future plans.
This role is being offered as fully remote or hybrid/office-based in any of their Ireland offices (Dublin, Galway or Sligo).
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee, manager and deliver commercial projects in Ireland to ensure they are as energy-efficient and sustainable as possible within current construction and design methods
- Lead an internal sustainability team, collaborating with other studios and the internal research team
- Assist in the obtaining of third-party certifications such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL, etc
- Advise on NZEB, Low/Net Zero Carbon/Energy Building design strategies
- Oversee and manage LEED assessments, providing training/guidance wherever necessary
- Assist in the growth and development of the sustainability team, company-wide across all three offices
- Assist in the preparation of tenders for new projects
- Attend industry events and representation of the business
- Progress monitor projects to ensure sustainability goals are met
- Liaise with clients and provide guidance/advice on sustainable practices and work methods
- Deal with contractors and various external parties
- Identify industry trends, new work methods, best practice, and sustainability risks
- Reporting and trend analysis
- Travel to studio locations and projects when required.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecture, engineering, or consulting
- Confidently deliver commercial projects
- Degree qualified in architecture, engineering, sustainable development, or similar
- Experience with certifications such as LEED, WELL, BREEAM, etc
- Familiarity with energy and environmental performance: conceptual energy modelling, daylight analysis, energy audits, renewable energy and rainwater harvesting systems, etc
- An understanding of current and proposed legislation and industry best practice with regards to sustainability, energy and carbon management
- Management experience
- Client-facing and presenting experience
- Must have Irish or UK project experience.
What you get back
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation costs covered
- Office hours 9am to 5.30pm, with an early finish Friday at 1.30pm
- Flexible working options, 3 days per week required in office
- Remote applicants will operate the same working hours as office-based employees
- Travel costs covered
- Good work-life balance
- Further benefits to be released after settling in period (pension, healthcare and more)
- Automatic profit share enrolment after 5 years of employment
- Career development and growth opportunities.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Sustainability Consultant Job (Remote Working) in England/Ireland - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 14355) #LI-CL1 #LI-Hybrid