We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, talented and personable Part 2 / Part 3 Architect to join our team. KB Architects is an award winning RIBA chartered practice with experience in variety of sectors such as healthcare, health-sciences, commercial and residential sectors. We structure our team to manage projects of all scale and complexity from £500k to £30m. Our agile team are highly skilled with a wealth of experience to draw upon from all stages of inception to delivery. We provide number of services to our clients including, Architectural Design, Interior Design, Project Management and BIM Consultancy. We communicate our vision and ideas through CGI renderings, 3D model printing and graphically elegant 3D illustrations.
Our offices are based in Battersea by River Thames, however this pandemic has taught us all that we no longer need to work at a fixed desk at a fixed time, thanks to the latest technologies available and ways of working, we encourage both office based collaboration and flexible working.
As an Architectural Designer your core responsibilities will include:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings in Revit (Autodesk) - this skill is very important to us as we deliver most of our projects in BIM
- Working closely with design and construction teams, such as quantity surveyors and architectural technologists - From inception to delivery stages
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental bodies and consultants
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Specifying the requirements for the project
- Construction detailed drawings - Preparing Tender packages
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Playing a part in project and team management
- Travelling regularly to building sites and team meetings
We would like the candidate to have the following soft skills:
- Good communicator and presentation skills
- Friendly and sociable with client management skills
- Keen to learn and career development
- Team player - strong team bond and relationships is key
- Good understanding of social media - We are mainly active on Linked In and lnstagram
The successful candidate will be working closely with the core team at KBA. They will initially be working on large scale health sciences and healthcare projects in the UK, liaising with the wider design teams, the clients and the contractors on site. If you are interested in this position, please submit a covering letter in addition to your CV and portfolio detailing your specific experience (maximum 10 pages and 5 MB), and telling us why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this role.