Marjoram Architects are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Project Architect to join our young and ambitious collaborative studio in South London.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity for career progression, to assist in developing the practice and have autonomy in running individual projects.
You will be client facing, experienced in leading small internal teams with a willingness to drive forward project development and internal standards.
You will be expected to work across and lead a variety of projects ranging from bespoke residential, luxury one off houses, to multi-unit development schemes and commercial projects.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be expected to:
- Work on residential projects from single residences to multi-unit residential developments and commercial projects in a project lead role
- Lead projects from RIBA Stages 1 through to 6
- Collaborate with and be client facing
- Lead internal teams but also work autonomously when required
- Lead and manage external consultant teams when required
- Provide direct support to the director alongside mentoring more junior members of the team
Required Skills and Experience
You will be:
- A team player
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn and progress
- A UK qualified Architect with a minimum of 5 year's post Part III experience
- Experienced working on both residential and commercial projects
- Agile with the ability to adapt between different projects when required
- An excellent designer with a great eye for detail
- Highly proficient in technical detailing with an excellent knowledge of and the application of UK Building Regulations
- Excellent in report writing with the ability to curate stage reports and planning design reports
- Competent in writing and assembling detailed NBS specifications
- An experienced job runner during the construction/site phase with Contract Administration experience
- Experienced in managing external multi-disciplinary consultants
- Proficient in AutoCAD (3D Modelling and 2D drafting), Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino preferable
- An excellent communicator and proficient in English, both written and verbal
We offer the following benefits:
- We provide private healthcare for all employees
- Flexible working policy
We are looking for the right candidate who can grow with the studio and become an integral part of our journey. We love what we do and if you would like to know more and be part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
Salary commensurate with experience.