Architect in Building Conservation at The Goddard Partnership Ltd
The Goddard Partnership is looking to add an Architect with experience of conservation and historic buildings to our small, friendly team near Winchester, UK.
The Goddard Partnership Limited is an established and dynamic architectural and building surveying practice founded in 2008. Our varied work centres on the bringing together of high end, bespoke design and a specialist knowledge of historic buildings using an innate understanding of the materials and methods available to us.
We approach each project - be it new build house, an extension to a home or a conservation project - with an enthusiasm backed up by our extensive knowledge of how to sensitively respond to an existing site or building.
We are a close-knit, sociable team and enjoy an informal, generous workplace culture.
Our office is centrally located in a converted fire station in the vibrant town of Bishops Waltham, approximately 8 miles from Winchester and Southampton.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Professional membership fees paid
- Professional development opportunities within the practice
- Potential to lead projects from inception to completion
- Family friendly and possibility of flexible working hours
- Potential for part time working
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- CPD events
- Days out, team breakfasts and the occasional curry night
- The odd visit by Hippo, the office dog
We are looking for candidates who:
- Post Part 3/Chartered status preferred
- Have experience of working with historic buildings or conservation projects within the UK
- Have experience of working on all RIBA work stages including Stages 4 and 5
- Can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of technical detailing
- Have a good understanding of UK planning and listed building consent policies
- Have a good understanding of current building regulations processes and requirements in the UK
- Have good experience of Vectoworks and SketchUp. Experience of Twinmotion and advantage
- Are proficient in and enjoys freehand drawing
- Is enthusiastic and interested in expanding their skills and knowledge
- Are a good communicator, both written and verbal
- Have the ability to work independently, with good time management and self motivation
- Have the agility to take on both a lead role on projects and help support others when needed
- Have excellent design and presentation skills
- Have good attention to detail
Please apply with a CV and examples of your work to: email@example.com
For more information about our practice please see our website www.thegoddardpartnership.com or give us a call on 01489 890629.