This role will enhance learning and life experiences for pupils, colleagues and communities. The postholder will have an affinity with this purpose. The Project Manager is a new role reporting to the Capital Lead and forms part of an expansion of the Capital team following
continued growth of the Trust. The Capital Lead is responsible for the management of the School Condition Allocation programme and oversight of School Estate Development plans.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the Trust to support the Capital Lead in the development and management of Wellsprings current £140million estate.
The Project Manager will support in the day-to-day management of capital projects from their inception through to their completion with
oversight from the Capital Lead.
It is critical that we create & maintain welcoming, vibrant and thoughtfully designed environments for children and colleagues The post-holder will also aid the Capital Lead and Estate Managers in ensuring all Wellspring assets comply with legal and regulatory standards, that policies and procedures are robust, environmentally conscious and that our Academies are safe places to learn, work and visit.
The Project Manager will be responsible for completing and developing key project documentation such as project initiation documents, financial appraisals, project programmes and risk registers. This will also include the delivery of project progress reports for the Capital Lead and Senior Leadership Team.
The Project Manager will work alongside the Capital Lead and in partnership with Regional Heads of Operations/Trust Operations Managers, Academy Principals, Estates Managers including their extended teams. They will liaise frequently with key stakeholders including contractors, architects, construction.
As a Project Manager, you will have:
- Personal integrity and a commitment to the Nolan principles of public service.
- Experience in managing capital projects from inception through to completion.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams of consultants.
- Experience in managing contractors and the administration of associated construction contracts.
- Excellent relational skills, building rapport and enjoying influence with a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly effective problem solving and decision making skills, exercising professional initiative and creativity related to complex issues.
- An ambition to develop your career with the aid of Wellspring Academy Trust.
- An affinity with Wellspring’s culture and purpose.
- Support in the day-to-day management of Estate Capital projects across the Trust from inception through to completion with over sight from the Capital Lead.
- Establish strong, trusting relationships across functional and educational teams to ensure the carefully planned coordination of internal team services and external consultants as required to ensure successful project delivery.
- Development and management of project programmes, risk registers and project trackers.
- Establish project teams as required to support service departments, project owners, consultants and Academy leaders to deliver specific projects to a defined quality, on time and within budget.
- Development of all project documentation including outline briefs, project initiation documents, financial appraisals, project execution plans, Preparation of tender documentation, development of technical drawings and specifications including contract administration for JCT and NEC contracts.
- Being accountable for the delivery of all site wide construction activities, through the supervision of all packages, and relevant consultants and contractors.
- Ownership of project meetings including taking meeting minutes and managing change control on projects within allocated budgets.
- Deliver regular progress reports on projects, including relevant risk and issues and budget tracking.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Identify risks and implement mitigations across all areas of responsibility.
- Helping the Regional Head’s of Operations and Capital Lead with key strategic development initiatives.
- Ensuring that building plans and schedules of accommodation are developed and maintained.
- Aiding the Capital Lead with the development and implementation of a sustainability agenda.
- Liaison with Estate Managers on the smaller Estate Management led capital projects.
- Carry out the duties of the Principle Designer on smaller scale Trust projects.
Health and Safety
In partnership with Regional Heads of Operations/Trust Operations Managers, Estates Managers and Academy Leaders
- Lead and promote a strong Health and Safety culture across the Trust.
- Aid in the development and delivery of the health and safety strategy to identify effective practices and behaviours, creating a positive culture in this critical area of operation.
- Ensure effective Health and Safety governance, processes and reporting Trust-wide.
- Coordinate contractors and suppliers to ensure a positive culture for health, safety and the environment.
- Drive continuous improvement across health, safety and environmental performance.
- Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Show a commitment to ensuring that children and young people learn in a safe environment.
- Participate in relevant and appropriate training and development as required.
Wellspring Academy Trust expects all staff to work effectively and co-operatively as part of a team, delivering high quality support. This requires dealing with people politely and tactfully, and in accordance with Trust guidelines, policies and procedures. Wellspring Team members are expected to respect confidentiality and safeguarding practices at all times.
Considerable importance is attached to the public relations aspect of our work. Members of the Team must project a positive image of the
Trust at all times and through all activity.
The Wellspring Academy Trust takes its duty to safeguard the young people with which it works seriously. All Wellspring Team Members are
required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure.
Wellspring Academy Trust recognises that it has a statutory and moral duty towards safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and, if
appropriate, vulnerable adults who participate in any Trust activities and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is
required for this post.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal records check from the country/ countries you have resided in, if you are the preferred candidate for the post.