BPG Architects + Surveyors are seeking an enthusiastic Architect to join our team of Architects and Surveyors in our central Dorking office.
We are looking for a driven team player who has good knowledge of UK building regulations, technical design skills and familiarity with the planning process to further develop their career.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to prioritise tasks as well as work both unsupervised and as part of a team. They will be expected to work/assist at all stages of the design and construction process including contract administration. Eligibility to work immediately/reside in the UK is essential. Good knowledge of Revit is essential.
This role is best suited to a recently qualified ARB registered architect (up to 5 years experience) who is an independent worker of a resourceful nature, punctual and happy to assist their colleagues on multiple projects. The ideal candidate will be attentive to their own work and willing to adapt to our in house processes and naming conventions. Interest in sustainability and innovative design is an advantage.
- Motivation and passion with very good understanding of construction detailing and construction methods. Experience in specification writing (NBS) will be advantageous together with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent command of Autodesk REVIT is essential together with 2D drawing skills (Autocad).
- Preparing feasibility reports.
- Design & access statements and planning submissions.
- Building regulations submissions, tender packages & preparation of construction issue information.
- Liaising with clients, planning officers, building control inspectors and contractors.
- Administrative and technical tasks.
- Job running.
- Good knowledge of current building regulations and experience in specification writing.
- Be able to commute safely to and from our office and building sites in your own vehicle.
Our office is located in the historic Old Kings Head Court which dates from the 16th Century and is located in the heart of Dorking town centre.
Our characterful office provides a conducive working environment, with Dorking’s town centre and three railway stations all within a 15 minute walk.
We have a diverse workload of new build projects, cladding remedial works and refurbishment projects with construction values of £1m-£20million. As a practice we are signatories of the Architects Declare movement and intend to embrace the RIBA 2030 Challenge to achieve net zero carbon emissions in our design approach.
Should your application be successful proof of relevant qualifications must be available on request. To find out more please visit our website: www.bpg.co.uk
BPG is an equal opportunities employer.