Ealing Council has set out plans to realise investment into a portfolio of major capital / community infrastructure projects. An exciting opportunity has arisen, and the council is seeking to appoint a Principal Architect to lead the architectural team in the Projects Delivery Unit, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in support of realising the Councils ambitious plans. We seek candidates who are creative and dynamic with the necessary leadership skills and experience to facilitate the delivery of a multi-million-pound capital programme across Schools, Leisure, Libraries, and other council service areas.
About the role and you
Reporting to the Head of the Projects Delivery Unit, this is a senior and important role within the organisation where you will lead an existing Architectural team delivering of a portfolio of important projects, including schools and leisure buildingsts. This is an exciting role which will give the successful candidate a broad experience in projects with a spread across the council’s services and ability to have a positive impact on residents.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a dynamic and effective communicator and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Be self-motivated, with a firm commercial grounding.
- Be adaptable and have a flexible working style with ability to pick up and independently lead a wide range of different tasks.
- Have the ability to work under pressure to challenging timetables and manage a varied workload with competing priorities.
- Be able to motivate and effectively lead a team of professional architects.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing leadership, direction, and management to the architectural team within the Projects Delivery Unit; a multi-disciplinary and specialist team of circa 30 individuals across a range of specialist fields including, construction project management, architectural, quantity and building surveying.
- Be responsible for the architectural aspects of a portfolio of capital building projects, with an annual value of circa £60m, on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards.
Please refer to the role profile for further information.
To find out more about the directorate, please view our brochure. For an informal discussion please contact Ian Smith, Head of Projects Delivery Unit, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a permanent role within the council. You will be expected to work flexible hours (standard 35 hours per week) and be prepared to work occasionally outside normal working hours including to assist with emergencies. We have new hybrid working guidance that aims for senior leaders to work in the office two days a week, which may include working in and around the borough.
Interviews are likely to be held during the months of November and December 2023.
This role is subject to Ealing Council’s Enhanced Vetting clearance process.
If you are interested in this role, click here to apply now: https://jobs.ealing.gov.uk/council_job/principal-architect/
Closing Date: Monday 27th November 2023