Andrew Dobson Architects is looking for an experienced and talented Part II Architectural Assistant or recently qualified Architect to work from our Bankside offices.
Do you have a demanding eye for detail and want to develop your experience from concept design through to construction? Are you looking to work on residential projects of varying sizes plus exciting commercial projects on challenging sites? If so we want to talk to you.
The role will involve work on a variety of residential projects of differing scales. The projects have interesting architectural, planning and procurement issues to solve to a high quality. You will be able to get involved in all stages of these projects and gain a very hands on experience.
Your role will include:
- Developing architectural designs and technical details.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications.
- Visiting sites to undertake surveys and assessing site progress.
- Assisting with contract administration.
- Resolving queries from consultants and contractors.
- Assisting the Director and Lead Architect in presentations.
Your key skills requirement:
- A RIBA part I and part II qualification and minimum two years office experience.
- Accurate and confident communication skills.
- Full working knowledge of Vectorworks. Experience of Office 365, SketchUp and Adobe software.
- Excellent technical and construction detailing. Experience of the building regulations.
- Detailed and practical understanding of buildings. This should be deep routed and with a strong
sense about how things are put together.
Experience of projects during construction.
- Organised and efficient at planning your work across a number of projects. Ability to manage workload in a timely manner but with thorough attention to detail.
Apply as follows:
- Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include covering letter, CV and samples of your work. Ensure the maximum file size is 5MB.
- Include your availability and salary expectations plus clearly state whether you are part II or Part III.
Salary in region of £30k depending upon experience. We provide pension, financial support for training/study leave, professional memberships paid and an annual office trip to European cities. We are an equal opportunity employer.