A bespoke high-end residential joinery company is seeking a Draughtsman to join their team. Responsible for the creation of joinery design and technical construction drawings aimed at obtaining client approval and facilitating the manufacturing process. This involves translating design briefs and conceptual drawings into high-quality, manufacturable design solutions.
- Collaborating closely with project management and workshop staff to ensure that the drawings align with the design intent and are suitable for the manufacturing process.
- Conducting research and incorporating details of third-party items within the drawings to ensure the seamless integration of appliances, ironmongery, and other elements.
- Ensuring that all drawings contain sufficient details, including Bills of Materials.
- Prioritising health and safety considerations throughout the design and drafting process, with a focus on the practicality of installation and end-user usability.
- Managing and tracking the issuance of drawings and any subsequent revisions.
- Working closely with external design teams to ensure that the design intent and expectations are met, including attendance at design team meetings both on and off-site.
- Demonstrating proficiency in 3D design software, specifically Inventor. This role would be for someone legally eligible to work in the UK
- Exceeding 5 years’ experience in a draughtsman or similar position.
- Experienced in technical design development of workshop drawings for high-quality bespoke furniture and joinery.
- In-depth knowledge of construction and joinery design including fabrication and finishing procedures with a broad conceptualisation of joinery materials including hardware, laminates, timber, boards, and veneers.
- Strong technical expertise, capable of solving technical problems and details between different materials (wood, metal, glass, veneers and laminates etc.).
- Experienced in the management, development and building of successful and efficient teams.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor etc.
- Confident management and communication skills.
- An astute attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- The successful candidate will be a highly organized, motivated, and efficient individual.
About the company:
- Office location next to Chelsea Harbour design centre in a beautiful newly refurbished office
- Located with access to the station
- Friendly, sociable working environment