TIME TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS?
Opportunity for Talented All round Architect
Are you ready to broaden your horizons, take on more responsibility and tackle a variety of design challenges? Would you like to be a vital part of an expanding and ambitious smaller practice? Would you like to live and work in a lovely part of the UK where the air is clean and people are friendly. We can offer:
- A competitve salary, dependant on experience and ability;
- A relaxed working environment in a pleasant Grade II Listed studio;
- Flexi-leave, so you can balance work with other commitments;
- A 9 day fortnight work pattern (optional)
- A parking permit, (365 days per year);
- 33 days annual leave plus time off in lieu of any overtime;
- Company pension scheme;
- In house CPD, plus support for personal learning & development;
- Payment of RIBA and ARB subscriptions;
- Regular ‘design days’ when we all collaborate on design challenges & competitions;
- A genuine chance for career progression and the prospect of becoming part of the business
But this is Devon, so you can actually enjoy a challenging and inspiring working day then go for a surf or take the family for a picnic on the beach or the moors after work!
We are a smaller practice but punch above our weight competing successfully against much bigger firms. We believe the personal touch combined with imagination, flexibility and enthusiasm sets us apart.
Our current workload comprises a mixture of one-off houses, barn conversions, conservation as well as hotel and tourism schemes and housing developments. A chance to enjoy the craft of architecture. So you will never be bored!
We love what we do and are looking for a talented individual to be a vital part of our team as we enter the next phase of our development. We’re looking for someone with strong design and project management skills and ideally leadership. Typical tasks will include:
- managing client relationships;
- developing design briefs with clients;
- developing imaginative design proposals, (freehand and CAD):
- negotiating successful planning applications;
- internal and external management of projects and people;
- contract administration;
- generating new business opportunities;
- pitching to prospective clients;
- preparing fee proposals including assessing tasks, time and resources required;
This is a great chance for a Chartered Architect to take the next and hopefully long term step in his or her career. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years relevant work experience, (post qualification) in the UK;
- Good CAD skills, (Vectorworks, Sketchup. InDesign ideally);
- A fresh approach to contemporary design;
- The ability to manage their own time effectively;
- A positive, self-motivated, enthusiastic outlook;
- The ability to find effective solutions to problems quickly;
- The ability to lead and motivate junior staff;
- Confidence which they can transmit to clients;
- A track record of delivering projects on time and within budget;
- In depth experience of one or more of the following sectors: Private Residential, Conservation, Leisure & Tourism or Housing.
- A need to be part of a team and share in our collective success;
- An entrepreneurial attitude and an interest in business;
- The drive and ambition to contribute to the next stage of our growth;
This is a key appointment for our practice so it's essential we find the right person. Whilst we are becoming ever more busy, ‘who’ is more important than ‘when’ in this case.
In the first instance, please email your CV and recent examples of your own work to: firstname.lastname@example.org