We are helping organisations to become more efficient and effective in the core sectors that we work in; whether improving patient pathways for the NHS, developing laboratories to facilitate world-leading science, or rationalising educational campuses to attract the highest calibre students and research investment. Our clients tell us that we are different from other consultancies; we have a wide range of skills across the business that gives us a competitive edge over other organisations. By joining Lexica, you will be part of the journey with our clients and colleagues.
The Estates CAD/BIM Technician is a new post within the Lexica Strategy Life Sciences team. In conjunction with the Director and other colleagues, the Technician will support Lexica in achieving the overall business plan to grow and develop strategic planning with life sciences clients, including public sector and private sector organisations within the UK.
The Technician will be appointed to work on a major public sector life sciences programme and join the Estates Technical Services Planning Function and directly support the Estates CAD/BIM Architect, with the management and development of the CAD/BIM based data environment to support the strategic development and management of the client’s estate.
The role will report to the Estates CAD/BIM Architect and is required to work full-time at the client’s site, based in Surrey.
What we expect from you
- Support Estates CAD/BIM Architect to:
- Manage CAD/Revit data based key deliverables, and with reporting on progress and quality
- Produce planning studies sketches, drawings and specifications
- Develop and implement CAD/Revit protocols and maintain drawing standards within the office
- Responsible for CAD library of processes, files and folders
- Develop positive trust-based relationships with members of the Planning Function
- Collaborate with other Estates Technical Services workstreams including engineering, design/delivery and asset management
- Attend meetings with the Estates CAD/BIM Architect and record discussions and actions
What you will bring to the role
- A proficient user of AutoCAD, Revit and BIM software
- Good knowledge of BIM Standards (ISO 19650) and building regulations
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar CAD/Revit focus role
- Knowledge of current construction industry standards and regulations
- NHS/ Public Sector/ Higher education/ Estates planning experience, is highly desirable
- Work experience in masterplanning is desirable
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, architecture, design or construction, is desirable, or extensive (10+ years) experience in construction industry
- CAD Certifications
- At least 5 years previous experience as CAD Technician skills and experience using computer-aided design software in AutoCad and Revit
- Knowledge of engineering/Architectural principles and ability to create and read technical drawings
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements, in line with construction industry standards
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualize projects in 2D and 3D
- The ability to transfer, display and manipulate data using Microsoft Office and other programs
- Attention to detail to create accurate and detailed drawings and check data/ information for accuracy and quality
- Organization and time management to complete work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team