We are helping organisations to become more efficient and effective in the core sectors that we work in; whether improving patient pathways for the NHS, developing laboratories to facilitate world-leading science, or rationalising educational campuses to attract the highest calibre students and research investment. Our clients tell us that we are different from other consultancies; we have a wide range of skills across the business that gives us a competitive edge over other organisations. By joining Lexica, you will be part of the journey with our clients and colleagues.
The Estates CAD/BIM Architect is a new post within the Lexica Strategy Life Sciences team. In conjunction with the Director and other colleagues, the Architect will support Lexica in achieving the overall business plan to grow and develop strategic planning with life sciences clients, including public sector and private sector organisations within the UK.
The Architect will be appointed to work on a major public sector life sciences programme and join the Estates Technical Services Planning Function to manage and develop the CAD/BIM based data environment that supports the strategic development and management of the client’s estate.
The role will report directly to the Service Line Director and is required to work full-time at the client’s site, based in Surrey.
What we expect from you
The role includes the following:
- Develop positive trust-based relationships with members of the Planning Function and the Estates Technical Services teams
- Provide a key role in the Planning Function to deliver services to the client effectively and efficiently
- Supporting the Planning Function Lead with the development of existing and new estates strategies and plans
- Develop CAD/Revit protocols and maintain drawing standards
- Manage CAD/BIM data based key deliverables
- Prepare planning studies sketches, drawings and specifications
- Report, regularly, on CAD/BIM scope progress and quality
- Coordinate with workstreams, including engineering, design/delivery and asset management, to review and check data/ information for accuracy and quality
- Attention to detail to create accurate and detailed drawings
- Attend meetings and record discussions and actions
- Manage CAD/BIM Technicians
- Participate in the development of Lexica’s Strategy Life Sciences service models and their quality assurance
What you will bring to the role
- Fully qualified Architect, ARB registered
- 10-year minimum industry experience, post qualification
- A proficient user of AutoCAD, Revit and BIM software, as well as the Microsoft Office package
- Excellent knowledge of BIM Standards (ISO 19650) and building regulations
- Estates planning experience
- NHS/ Public sector/ Higher education experience
- Strong communications skills, experienced and competent at presenting to a wide range of teams and audiences
- Strong presentation skills, to enable clear communications and maintain positive client engagement
- Good leadership and management of people, providing clear guidance and direction
- A reliable team player, keen to collaborate and prevent and resolve problems
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with good organization and time management skills to ensure work is complete to meet deadlines
- Experience in masterplanning
- Experience using SharePoint
What makes Lexica a great place to work….
We work in an agile and inclusive environment bringing our expertise to each project. We are at our best when we work together to help others and have supported many local and national charities over the years. You will be joining an ideas-driven culture that embraces new perspectives to solve complex problems.
We are organisational members of Social Value UK, and are committed to achieving social and environmental progress, whilst ensuring the success of our organisation and the organisations we serve. We strive to maximise the opportunity to deliver social value benefits to our clients or as a result of the work we do.