Interim Director of Finance and Property
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£100,000 per annum
Location: Hybrid/London, with approx. 2 days per week in the London office
Hours: 35 hours per week, full-time, 9-12 months fixed term contract
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
For nearly 200 years RIBA’s mission has been to serve our members and society in order to deliver better buildings, places, and stronger communities. RIBA are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture, a place where everyone can be themselves and succeed.
This is an exciting time to join us and play a pivotal role in delivery of our exciting strategy and biennial action plan.
We are looking for a well-seasoned, interim financial director, with a background in the charity or not for profit sectors. In particular, applicants must be an accomplished leader and people manager, with experience of empowering and leading teams through cultural and business change.
Purpose of the role
This interim contract is designed to contribute to the management and leadership of RIBA to ensure effective operations, especially in the areas of finance and property management.
The role has two focuses:
1. Leading the financial and procurement function: the delivery of strong financial performance; business planning; overseeing the RIBA’s Investment Fund; and working closely with the Board and a range of external stakeholders.
2. Overseeing the property and facilities function: acting as main liaison between the Board and external project support for the ongoing large scale property projects (one property sale; one major refurbishment programme).
This senior role will be perfect for someone who thrives in a changing environment, and who wants to have an impact on scoping and shaping the direction of RIBA, where finance is seen as a positive enabler throughout the operation.
This post holder will need to be strong at complex computations, building and presenting effective business cases, and business planning.
· Qualified Accountant with strong post qualification experience; experienced in producing subsidiary and consolidated accounts.
· Experience of inter-company trading and recharges.
· Experience of producing business plans and budgets.
· Experience liaising at senior management level and contributing to senior management, Board and committee meetings.
· Ability to confidently explain complex finance matters to non-finance colleagues.
· Experience of managing large projects, in the early stages of planning and development.
1st Interview date (virtual) 9th June – No other date will be available
For a confidential conversation with FJWilson Talent, RIBA’s recruitment partner for this vacancy, please contact Fiona Wilson or Andrea Montgomery, on 0203 195 3600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body driving excellence in architecture. Our purpose is to serve members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
76 Portland Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert