Media & Communications Officer
- RIBA 1834
- London/hybrid working with two days per week in the London office
- £33,000 - £35,000 per annum based on experience and location
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 per annum based on experience
Location: London/Hybrid working
Hours: 35 hours per week, full-time permanent position
Our Media & Communications team is responsible for delivering impactful external communication campaigns, building a network of advocates and developing relationships with the media to help raise the profile of RIBA, architects and architecture.
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
From announcing the UK’s best new building, to campaigns on fire safety, EDI and climate action, being part of our in-house communications team is incredibly varied and exciting.
As one of our Media & Communications Officers, you will be taking the lead on developing campaigns, drafting punchy media responses, building relationships with media contacts and coordinating impactful corporate communications. You will be ensuring our news lands in the media and engages our target audiences. This is a key role at the heart of a collaborative team that delivers great results.
What are we looking for?
- To succeed, you’ll need to draw on your experience placing stories in regional or national media outlets.
- You’ll also need to be innovative, curious, calm under pressure and able to deliver to demanding deadlines.
- With experience of delivering effective proactive external communication campaigns, you will be able to spot opportunities in the news agenda for promoting our work and help us to grow and diversify our audiences.
- A creative and credible individual, you'll work closely with senior colleagues, as well as external partners and sponsors, and this will require excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- You will be able to prioritise and manage your own busy workload, and have the ability to distil detailed information to write accurate and engaging copy, at pace.
- You will have a keen interest in architecture, the built environment or the creative industries.
If you have a background in PR and are looking to grow your skills and experience in a fast-paced environment, with a highly-regarded organisation – we are keen to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the description of the role using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Sunday 28 May 2023
Interview date: Monday 5 June 2023
Due to high volumes of applications we are unable to respond to everyone, however, should you be shortlisted for interview we will be in touch. We may also close an advert earlier then the date above if we receive enough quality applications.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body driving excellence in architecture. Our purpose is to serve members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
76 Portland Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert