- Hunter Dunning
- London, City of London
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 11 Jun 2023
- Job (Function)
- Project Architect
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Project Architect Job in Waterloo, London
Project Architect job available in Waterloo, London. An opportunity to join an employee-owned practice that strongly believes in a good work-life balance!
Now an employee-owned practice, my client offers a long list of benefits upon joining, both financial and lifestyle-driven, and have won awards for the 'Good Employer Guide'. Staff turnover is low and happiness levels are high as they are strong believers in a good work-life balance and they allow their team to manage their own time and workloads around things such as childcare or personal commitments.
With over 15 years' experience on a wide range of projects across the UK and overseas, my client has built a reputation for producing exciting, contemporary architecture and interiors. Their portfolio includes bespoke housing, high spec penthouses, high-end hotels, and small residential schemes. A range of mixed-use and non-residential projects also showcase their versatility. With collaborations with some of the most reputable practices in the UK, my client delivers outstanding services and produces work of a high standard of quality.
Due to continued growth, my client is now looking for a Project Architect with experience throughout all RIBA stages.
Role & Responsibilities
- Run a project through all RIBA stages from concept to completion
- Work on a variety of high-end residential properties and one-off apartments/penthouses, plus large apartment buildings and mixed-use schemes ranging from £1m to £40m in construction value
- Produce detailed technical construction information on the project
- Prepare and develop drawings, models and images, and other documents related to design
- Use AutoCAD and Revit on a daily basis
- Supervise more junior team members
- Report to Seniors and Directors.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified as a Part III Architect, with a minimum of 3 year's professional working experience in a UK practice
- Experience working on bespoke high-end properties, mews houses, apartments/hospitality/heritage projects is essential
- Excellent graphic skills and 3D design ability - using InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp, and other rendering software
- Able to demonstrate a project that you have worked on through all RIBA stages, with strengths in stages 3 and 4
- Confident in working through detailed design, technical design, and delivery stages of projects
- Able to demonstrate work that is all yours in a well-presented portfolio
- Technically minded and a good eye for detail
- Ideally, you will have worked in a small to medium-sized practice specialising in bespoke projects
- Care and attention to detail involved in delivering the scheme or work packages
- Experience working through all RIBA stages of a small, beautifully crafted project
- A proficient user of AutoCAD or Revit and must have worked on live projects within the UK
- Be presentable and confident with both client and contractor-facing responsibilities
- Excellent English, both written and verbal + eligible to work in the UK.
What you get back
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Pension scheme - 3% contribution from company
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- Permanent health insurance for long term sickness
- Discretionary profit share bonus payment
- 20 days' annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- Discretionary 3 days' paid holiday in addition to the basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- Core office hours policy (11:00 - 3:30) providing flexibility at either end of the day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Green bike scheme, free eye tests, and annual flu vaccinations
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- RIBA membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- Comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars and 1 day's personal CPD provision per year
- Financial support for course fees and additional study leave for professional exams
- Regular creative review sessions and classes such as Drawing Gym
- Company membership of the NLA with free access to events
- Annual office trips to international and UK locations
- Social and sports e.g. netball, softball, running, social evenings, drinks out, etc
- Kitchen, showers, and secure, covered cycle storage facilities.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Project Architect Job in Waterloo, London - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 13643) #LI-CL1
GENUINE SPECIALISTS IN ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN
Rather than bore you with the stats and facts, we'll let a satisfied candidate do the talking.........
"Hunter Dunning provides Job Seekers a phenomenal service. They helped me secure a position of Design Architect at one of the top Practices in the South England including arrangement of multiple interviews inside two weeks from our initial discussions. What impressed me most of all was their high degree of pro-activeness in targeting companies tailored to my career aspirations. Within two weeks I was in a luxurious position. Their attention to detail and working with me through the whole process to a high standard makes them a true professional recruiter. A unique quality has been their continual contact with me after recruitment, regular feedback in making sure I get off to a great start! I would highly recommend the team at HunterDunning."
Apply for Project Architect
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert