Part I Qualified Architect
- CROE Architects
- Commensurate on experience
- Closing date
- 4 Jun 2023
- Job (Function)
- Architectural Assistant, Part 1
- Contract Type
- Full Time
CROE Architects are seeking to recruit a talented and confident Part I Architectural Assistant to join their established practice office in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
CROE Architects is a design-based practice, established in 2016. The practice now has two office locations serving the areas around Hertfordshire and Cheltenham, respectively.
CROE Architects work on all manner of projects from residential one-off new builds, new developments, listed buildings, and barn conversions to commercial work including leisure and retail projects.
The successful Part I candidate will be expected to take on the following responsibilities:
- Be suitably qualified, ideally you will have some experience within a UK based practice.
- Have a good knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, in preparation of both presentation, technical and detail drawings and schedules, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, or other 3d (PC based) software.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Working as part of a team. Assisting in the preparation of technical and presentation drawings, reports, visualisations, schedules, and specifications.
- Alongside more senior members of staff, overseeing construction works on site and liaising with clients and contractors to produce complete building projects.
Role & description:
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic budding architects, keen to contribute to a rapidly growing practice. A proactive attitude is essential, as is an ability to work under pressure and meet often tight deadlines. The preferred candidates will ideally have gained some previous experience in the residential design sector and have a basic understanding of the planning system, along with the various RIBA design stages of projects.
It would be advantageous for candidates to have obtained some on site experience, be that work experience, or working as a trades apprentice. Good communication skills are essential for the new role.
The ideal candidate would be available to start work in July/August 2023.
- Legal Entitlement to work and reside within the UK.
- Must Speak Fluent and Clear English.
- Minimum hours of work; Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm (you may be asked to work additional hours when required).
- Live or moving to a commutable distance from Hitchin office.
- Hold full driving licence.
If you are keen for a challenging and varied work environment with exposure to all stages of architecture, then this position may be suitable for you.
For those interested send an introduction cover letter along with your CV and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that your portfolio includes several examples of your most recent design work.
Established in 2016, CROE Architects is an independent chartered practice based in Hertfordshire. Run by two local architects, CROE unites a passion for turning ordinary spaces into amazing spaces.
CROE's extensive experience accrued over many years across all Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) stages of work enables the highest level of assured confidence when delivering beautiful bespoke designs.
- 01462 453931
Apply for Part I Qualified Architect
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert