Head of Sustainability
- Hunter Dunning
- London, City of London
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2023
- Job (Function)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Head of Sustainability Job in Southwark, London
Head of Sustainability job now available with an architectural practice based in Southwark, London! This practice has a strong focus on sustainable, low-energy design, with a commitment toward Net Zero Architecture. This role will see you leading their London office and managing teams throughout projects!
Celebrating its 40th year in Practice in 2023, our client is recognised as one of the leading architectural firms for sustainable/inclusive design across residential and commercial sectors and has a strong portfolio of projects covering healthcare, leisure, hospitality, sports structures, and heritage/ conservation.
This practice now requires a Head of Sustainability with a strong Passivhaus/retrofit/low energy design background to take the lead role in the running of their London office and projects with the aim to then become part of the board within 12 - 18 months.
In total, the practice employs around 30 staff across two offices in London and West Sussex, the successful candidate will be required to travel to the West Sussex office from time to time.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be the practices sustainability lead on all projects
- Take responsibility for and lead multiple projects
- Manage your own team throughout all stages, including delivery
- Working directly as the main point of contact for clients
- Responsibility in the running of the practice, including future involvement at board level
- Working on the development of new business opportunities
- Project work will be varied across residential, and commercial and will include retrofit.
Required Skills & Experience
- Candidates must be coming from a sustainability-focused role and have strong experience in this type of role
- Must have a relevant architectural degree and be eligible to work in the UK
- Must be technically strong
- Passivhaus/Low energy experience in both residential and commercial projects is highly desirable
- Retrofit project experience in both residential and/or commercial is essential
- Capable project runner and comfortable managing small teams and their own work streams
- Contract and financial awareness
- Must have a good understanding of Approved Documents and British Standards, including Fire Safety Bill
- Ideally have experience on frameworks contracts and contributed towards bids
- Business development experience
- Have a good network in the sustainability sector
- Must have strong client-facing skills and on-site experience
- Revit skills are essential.
What you get back
- Competitive salary, can be disclosed upon phone call
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- 37.5 hours per week with 9am - 5.30pm office hours
- 4% contribution pension
- Life assurance
- Good work-life balance
- Flexible/hybrid working offered.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Head of Sustainability Job in Southwark, London - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert Job Ref: 13626) #LI-CL1 #LI-Hybrid
GENUINE SPECIALISTS IN ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN
Rather than bore you with the stats and facts, we'll let a satisfied candidate do the talking.........
"Hunter Dunning provides Job Seekers a phenomenal service. They helped me secure a position of Design Architect at one of the top Practices in the South England including arrangement of multiple interviews inside two weeks from our initial discussions. What impressed me most of all was their high degree of pro-activeness in targeting companies tailored to my career aspirations. Within two weeks I was in a luxurious position. Their attention to detail and working with me through the whole process to a high standard makes them a true professional recruiter. A unique quality has been their continual contact with me after recruitment, regular feedback in making sure I get off to a great start! I would highly recommend the team at HunterDunning."
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert