NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ London as a Senior Interior Designer. The desired candidate will have a strong design focus and be passionate about growing the Interiors team in London. The Senior Interior Designer must be an independent thinker who thrives in group collaboration and a fast-paced environment. They also must be detailed-orientated, confident voicing their opinion within a team, and possess a positive attitude and excitement towards their work.
In your new role, you will:
- Lead and manage interior design efforts across Science, Commercial and Healthcare projects of various sizes and complexities
- Foster and develop design talent, leading with enthusiasm and setting standards for professional and creative rigor
- Interior planning and organization
- Rendering skills
- Material and finishes selection
- Exposure to all phases and stages of projects
- Preparation of Stage 2-4 documentation
- Strong design talent with supporting technical skills
What you will need to succeed:
- Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture degree from an accredited university
- 10+ years' professional experience in Science, Corporate and Healthcare
- Design Excellence – Champion design excellence across the London Studio and firm-wide
- Collaborative mindset – Excel in cross-disciplinary collaboration with architects, planners, lighting and other practice leaders developing and perusing common strategies
- Communication skills (verbal, written and graphic) – A critical element of this role is to deliver concepts and insights in a clear way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team
- Ability to conceptualize design that reflects the client’s enterprise
- Drive design toward measurable outcomes for achieving client, community and environmental goals
- Ability and talent for working with teams locally and remotely coupled with a desire to mentor and nurture the talents of other team mates
- Appropriate knowledge of color and materials with the ability to select and research materials based on design concept, code requirements, proper use, durability, sustainability and cost
- Experience with furniture selection and specification
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Efficient, detail orientated, thorough, high standards for quality design and documents
- Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, with 3D modeling skills essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup and/or Rhino
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
- Stand for Optimism: We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
- Lead with Curiosity: We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
- Commit to Sustainability: We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
- Design for All: We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
- Own the Outcome: We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
- Grow our Legacy: We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.