- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Renumeration is competitive & to be agreed based on experience & skills
- Closing date
- 21 Apr 2023
We are looking for immediately available and experienced Part 3 Architects who have exceptional Revit skills and a keen interest in environmental and computational design to help us deliver an exciting new portfolio of work in our London studio. The successful candidates will lead the design and delivery of projects with the support of an experienced senior management team.
If you would like to join our team, we are looking for enthusiastic, talented, motivated and ambitious people with a real sense of responsibility and pride in their work and a natural feel for good design. Candidates must be able to demonstrate work experience in the UK.
Established in 2006, astudio is a research and development led architectural practice with technology and sustainability embedded in our philosophy. We are a strong team of designers who together produce outstanding ideas that both delight and are deliverable. As a studio our individual skills in Landscape design, coding, model making, environmental design to name but a few, support the practice in the development of our designs through to construction. We believe in technology and innovation as a means to drive design and building methodologies.
• Run projects, including managing a team, managing a programme, organising deadlines and dealing with consultants.
• Accountable for the development of design according to programme;
• Understanding of fees and budgets, being able to monitor project budget and discuss this with consultants;
• Responsible for overseeing or delivering packages or parts of projects.
• Client facing responsibilities and playing an active role in internal meetings
• Revit modelling and drawing
• Taking an active role in the studio; assist with shaping research and developing strategies for R&D
• Compilation of reports and documents and supporting the rest of the team in drafting documents for bids, expressions of interest and competitions.
• Advanced 3d modelling skills. Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media in 3D and animation.
• Preparing feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
• Site visits and preparing reports, minutes and liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Part I, Part II and Part III UK qualifications or equivalent
• Minimum 3 -5 years experience post Part 3 qualification
• Strong REVIT user
• RIBA stages: ideally experienced in all stages of design including site experience
• Experience in a variety of projects, including UK residential, commercial and mixed-use;
• An ability to sketch by hand
• Knowledge of Adobe and MS Office
• A strong interest in environmental design
• Interest in Computational Design
• Experience in technical design and on-site construction stages
• Excellent design and detailing skills
• An ability to design and present their work in 3 dimensions, using physical models and CAD software (ideal candidates will possess knowledge of Unreal Engine and VR)
• In depth knowledge of UK planning system, building regulations, NBS specifications and ability to produce technical and production drawing packages.
• 1st round interview with Associate Directors or Associate
• 2nd round interview with Associate Director and founding Director, Richard Hyams
• Short REVIT proficiency test
We might not be able to respond to all candidates due to the number of applications.
No agencies please.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert