Service Support Adviser
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £25,080 - £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: London/Hybrid working
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Contract Type: 1-year fixed term contract (covering Maternity Leave)
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits click here
Hybrid Working/Remote Working
About the Role
Do you have strong customer service experience? Are you confident and willing to learn? Have you worked within a fast-paced customer service environment?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Support Adviser within the RIBA Contact Centre & Membership Servicing department.
In this important role you will act as the first point of contact, providing timely, effective and efficient support to all our RIBA members and customers. In addition to some basic first line technical support duties, this role will also require you to become a specialist in many areas across the business to enable you to provide a knowledgeable level of support.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a customer relation/membership-based environment
- Experience of handling high levels of incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with daily targets/SLAs
- Knowledge and understanding of managing client/member relationships in a timely, professional and service-driven manner in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Experience of working simultaneously with CRM systems containing multiple customer/membership records and other bolt-on applications
- A logical approach to work with attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to understand and manage multiple coexisting systems and processes
- Strong awareness and understanding of the various support provided to our members and customers i.e. Membership renewals and payments, supporting various RIBA platforms via architecture.com
- Excellent IT skills and use of Microsoft Teams/Word/Outlook/Excel Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Closing date: 31 March 2023
Interview date: TBC
Due to high volumes of applications we are unable to respond to everyone, however, should you be shortlisted for interview we will be in touch. We may also close an advert earlier than the date above if we receive enough quality applications. Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body driving excellence in architecture. Our purpose is to serve members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
76 Portland Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert