Regional Engagement Partner, South
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£32,000 per annum depending upon experience and location
Location: Southwest England -this is a regional role, therefore home-based
Hours: 35 hours per week, full time, permanent
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
Join our RIBA Membership Experience U.K team to create and deliver an engaging regional programme that supports our members and grows our membership.
We are seeking a resourceful and inspired Regional Engagement Partner to join our South region supporting the Southwest area of England who will work with the Regional Director to deliver our Engagement Plan and directly support all our members.
As a proactive relationship manager, you will meet with members digitally and through visiting their practices to ensure member satisfaction and promote engagement with the RIBA. The role includes the prospecting of new members and collaborating with the Membership Development team.
Leading on stakeholder relationships and engagement planning, you will bring your creativity and experience of developing and marketing events across a range of channels. You will be experienced in negotiation at various levels with the ability to influence decision making.
Working from home, the role will require extensive travel and flexibility to work evenings and weekends dependant on activity.
About the Role
Amongst other key responsibilities, the role requires you to;
- Develop and maintain key Stakeholder relationships and external partnership working to support member engagement and increase membership
- Work collaboratively to support RIBA Branches, Special Interest and Task & Finish groups to drive member engagement and recruitment activity
- Develop and deliver an activity plan of meetings with Chartered Practices and Members and prospect members (online and face to face)
- Plan, develop, and implement a programme of activities in Schools of Architecture and for architecture students
- Use regional knowledge, research and insight gathering to identify opportunities to enhance the value for membership and reach prospect members
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess experience of working within dynamic, fast-paced environments and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be high on initiative and committed to working collaboratively with colleagues
- An astute communicator with significant proven ability to network at all levels, able to consult and build good relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders, with the ability to influence, persuade and motivate.
- A collaborative team player who is happy to support colleagues in meeting team deliverables across the whole of the South region.
- Confident in using a range of digital platforms and systems including CRM databases to target and record activities.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and balancing conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Has a passion and understanding of the culture of architectural practice and architects, their role, and the skills of architects
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field). Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: 30 March 2023
Interview date: TBC
Due to high volumes of applications we are unable to respond to everyone, however, should you be shortlisted for interview we will be in touch. We may also close an advert earlier than the date above if we receive enough quality applications.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566
Apply for Regional Engagement Partner, South
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly