Professional Standards Manager
4 days left
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £36,000 – £38,000 per annum, dependent upon experience and location
Location: London/Hybrid working
Hours: 35 hours per week, permanent contract
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
This is an important role in the RIBA’s Professional Standards Team, managing the day-to-day delivery of the RIBA’s professional conduct function and dispute resolution services.
- Managing complaints under the Code of Conduct/Code of Practice/ Volunteer Code in relation to RIBA members, Chartered Practices and Volunteers, managing casework proactively and in accordance with the correct process.
- Supporting professional conduct appraisals and hearings, including preparing correspondence and documentation, dealing with enquiries, arranging meetings, and writing reports.
- Managing and liaising with the pool of professional conduct panel members.
- Managing the RIBA Dispute Resolution Service on a day-to-day basis to provide a high-quality service, ensuring appropriate panellists are appointed for disputes, enquiries are responded to and complaints are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Supporting the regular review of membership of the RIBA professional conduct and dispute resolution panels to maintain and enhance service standards.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will need to have
- Casework experience working in a legal or regulatory environment.
- The ability to produce high quality documents, reports, and meeting notes with accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines and defined timescales
- Ability to evaluate complex information and exercise sound judgement in reaching conclusions
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to act with confidence and diplomacy in dealing with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a membership organisation or regulatory body would be desirable along with an interest in architects’ professional services.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field). Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Sunday 26 March 2023
Interview date: TBC
Due to high volumes of applications we are unable to respond to everyone, however, should you be shortlisted for interview we will be in touch. We may also close an advert earlier than the date above if we receive enough quality applications.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566
Apply for Professional Standards Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly