Architectural BIM Coordinator
Bryden Wood is seeking a highly motivated individual specialised in BIM[LC1] . Our integrated design team works across a broad range of sectors and develops innovative building systems and advanced construction methods through detailed design and productisation. Work ranges from concept development to delivery of fabrication level designs for manufacture. Projects vary from traditional architecture to projects which focus on platform based DfMA, complex façade systems, modularisation, and other off-site solutions.
[LC2] Applicants will be expected to work alongside the Head of BIM, supporting the local and project-based BIM personnel, as well as to liaise with other disciplines BIM Leads
The focus of the role will include the following:
- Assist with the creation and management of the Digital Delivery approach to projects, and implementation of company-wide BIM strategies
- Creation of unique BIM Execution Plan (BEP) for each project responding to clients needs;
- Support the implementation of the company BIM standards and of the BIM requirements as defined in the project’s BEP;
- Assist in training, or train, the new and existing personnel.
- Support the Head of BIM in the management of the wider digital delivery team.
- Create, update and maintain project model templates for use by the project team.
- Setup and maintain the project’s federated coordination model/s.
- Create, maintain and update families for the office Revit Library.
- Support the QA of models prior to issue, including carrying out clash detection.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of Revit including[LC3] , but not limited to, creating view templates, filters, design options, phases, model quantities schedules.
- Good knowledge in creating parametric Revit families (BIM Content).
- Experience in working with internal and external information from coordination point of view and demonstration of working with live Structural and MEP linked models.
- Experience working with ISO19650-1:2018 and ISO19650-2:2018, (formerly BS1192:2007+A2:2016 and PAS1192-2:2013 respectively), ISO19650-3:2020, ISO19650-4:2022, ISO19650-5:2020.
- Experienced in the use of Coordination Cloud based platforms such as ACC, BIM Collab, Glider etc.
- Good knowledge and experience with using Navisworks for coordination.
- Experience in producing models and drawing packages from concept to completion.
- Positive / proactive / self-motivated.
- Basic understanding of structural and/or MEP systems.
- Knowledge of construction, fabrication, or manufacturing.
- Report preparation and model visualisation.
- Experience working with AutoCAD.
- Willingness to work and learn beyond your discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organisation as well as clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- 3-5 years+ experience working in Revit.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge/use of Dynamo and or C#.
- Experience using Adobe suite, Solidworks, Syncroand Solibri or a willingness to learn in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using any of the following software: Inventor, CATIA[LC4] , Grasshopper, Rhino, Microsoft Office Suite, Programming Languages.
Experience and Education:
- Experience working in either a design office or within the construction industry is essential.
- BIM qualifications are advantageous.
Bryden Wood offers a variety of company benefits including:
- 9-Day Fortnight (not compressed hours - we give one genuinely free rest day every fortnight with no change to salary)
- Paid professional membership
- Private Healthcare scheme funded by Bryden Wood (tax is payable)
- Regular performance reviews to help with your career progression
- Pension scheme (matched contribution up to 5%)
- Cycle to work scheme
I think this should be reworded to "...individual specialised in BIM". The role is non-project specific, so they should be already specialised in BIM to be able to guide/assist the local BIM leads and project specific BIM personnel.
I think the previous text was ok for the former applications, this time around we need to be clear this is not project based and the work will be with the BW BIM leads.
This should be "proficient" or "excellent" use of Revit
Is this important? Should we add Rhino as desirable experience?