- Hunter Dunning
- London (South), London (Greater)
- £38,000 – £55,000
- 03 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Job (Function)
- Architectural Technician, Architectural Technologist
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Architectural Technologist job in Waterloo, London
Architectural Technologist job available! An opportunity to join an award-winning employee-owned architecture and interiors practice based in Waterloo, London. You will work across high-end residential and commercial schemes throughout London from £1m – £50m!
With over 15 years’ experience on a wide range of projects across the UK and overseas, my client has built a reputation for producing exciting, contemporary architecture and interiors. Their portfolio includes bespoke housing, high spec penthouses, high-end hotels, and small residential schemes. A range of mixed-use and non-residential projects also showcase their versatility. With collaborations with some of the most reputable practices in the UK, my client delivers outstanding services and produces work of a high standard of quality.
Now an employee-owned practice, my client offers a long list of benefits upon joining, both financial and lifestyle-driven, and have won awards for the ‘Good Employer Guide’. Staff turnover is low and happiness levels are high as they are strong believers in a good work-life balance, and they allow their team to manage their own time and workloads around things such as childcare or personal commitments.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work on a variety of residential / commercial projects, valued from £1 million – £50 million
- Run a project through technical and delivery stages
- Prepare and develop drawings and models
- Check team drawings + modify/suggest changes
- Produce detailed technical construction information on the project
- Work within a small project team and manage junior team members
- Use Revit / AutoCAD daily
- Report to Project Leaders.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified as an Architectural Technologist/Technician, with a minimum of 5 year’s professional working experience within a UK practice
- Experience working on bespoke high-end properties, mews houses, apartments/hospitality/heritage projects
- Confident in working through detailed design, technical design, and delivery stages of projects
- A thorough understanding of design issues on residential projects
- Able to demonstrate work that is all yours in a well-presented portfolio
- A fantastic technical mind and a good eye for detail
- Ideally, you will have worked in a small to medium-sized practice specialising in bespoke projects
- Care and attention to detail involved in delivering the scheme or work packages
- A proficient user of Revit and/or AutoCAD, worked on live projects within the UK
- Be presentable and confident with both client and contractor facing responsibilities
- Excellent English, both written and verbal + eligible to work in the UK.
What you get back
- £38,000 – £55,000
- Pension scheme – 3% contribution from company
- Life assurance of 4 times salary
- Permanent health insurance for long term sickness
- Discretionary profit share bonus payment
- 20 days’ annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- Discretionary 3 days’ paid holiday in addition to the basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- Core office hours policy (11:00 – 3:30) providing flexibility at either end of the day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Green bike scheme, free eye tests, and annual flu vaccinations
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- RIBA membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- Comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars and 1 day’s personal CPD provision per year
- Financial support for course fees and additional study leave for professional exams
- Regular creative review sessions and classes such as Drawing Gym
- Company membership of the NLA with free access to events
- Annual office trips to international and UK locations
- Social and sports e.g. netball, softball, running, social evenings, drinks out, etc
- Kitchen, showers, and secure, covered cycle storage facilities.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.
Architectural Technologist job in Waterloo, London – Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: Charlotte Lambert job Ref: 13374)
Apply for Architectural Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly