Part III Project Architect
- 3s Architects Interiors Commercial
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commensurate on Experience
- 28 Feb 2023
- 01 Apr 2023
- Job (Function)
- Part 3, Project Architect
- Contract Type
- Full Time
3s Architects Interiors Commercial is hiring a senior post part III project architect to join its team in London.
We are looking for an experienced design-driven project architect with a technical focus to join our team in a senior position. The successful candidate will work closely with the directors to run projects as well as contribute to other schemes and oversee the work of other team members as needed. You will lead individual projects through all RIBA stages – from initial concept design, submission of planning applications to development of technical design and implementation stages, including site and contract administration.
The right candidate will receive an above average salary with bonus incentives as well as an opportunity to grow short to midterm within the practice to an associate position.
3s Architects is a small, design-lead award-winning architectural RIBA practice based in central Richmond, South-West London. We specialise in high quality contemporary residential projects including new build houses, refurbishments and extensions of period properties as well as mixed-use developments and other commercial projects.
With hundreds of completed residential properties in and around London, the UK and a growing portfolio of overseas projects, we pride ourselves in designing to a high standard at all stages. Our approach and work seek innovative contemporary solutions, is authentic with a clear architectural concept and keen on implementing high quality materials.
Education and experience
The candidate must be an ARB RIBA registered architect with minimum five plus years’ post Part 3 UK experience. They will demonstrate proven record of running residential and mixed-use projects, including developing detailed technical proposals with a high level of design and substantial site experience.
- proven track record in design and construction drawings and detailing of completed private residential houses and mixed-use developments
- work on selected projects RIBA stages minimum one to five
- efficient and well structured, organised, can multi-task whilst managing time and workload
- excellent communication skills with clients and within the practice
- good sketching and presentation skills
- experience in dealing with clients, contractors and other suppliers in a professional manner
- experience in working with consultants and leading the design team
- excellent knowledge of UK statutory regulations and RIBA job stages
- natural attention to detail across all aspects of design
- experienced knowledge of products and specification
- proven site and contract administration experience
- proficiency in CAD, preferably knowledge of Vectorworks 2D and 3D as well as 3D modelling
- developing detailed designs including initial architectural design concepts, planning applications, the preparation of technical packages, detailing,written scope of works/NBS specifications, schedules, tenderpackages
- tendering projects and evaluations
- site role and contract administration
- liaising with consultants and leading the process to coordinate designs
- communicating with private and commercial clients to develop the designs maintaining the vision of the project and to achieve sign-offs
- growing and maintaining new and existing supplier relationships
- specifying products and materials and coordinating within designs
- working closely with the directors to oversee projects and the work of other team members
- mentoring and directing junior and middleweight designers
- Computer skills:
- Vectorworks CAD
- 3D SketchUp
- render software
- Word, Excel and other Microsoft programmes
Please include your CV, example portfolio of both design, detailed technical work and cover letter including salary expectations and availability via the apply for job button below.
We regret that due to the volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.