Health & Safety, Environmental Manager
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£50k per annum, pro rata
Location: Hybrid role between our London office and home - typically working in our London office 2 days per week, however, this is flexible.
Hours: 17.5 hours per week, part time
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 27 days plus bank holidays and paid closure of 3 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
The Facilities and Maintenance department provide a wide range of hard and soft services, property and environmental management across the RIBA. Primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the RIBA’s Grade 2* listed Headquarters and several other buildings located in London and supporting the wider RIBA estate regionally.
This is an exciting time at the RIBA, and this is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, proactive and experienced Health & Safety Environmental Manager to join our team and support our work on best practice Health & Safety, statutory compliance, driving a positive Health & Safety culture and supporting the RIBA in its sustainability strategy to achieve Carbon Net Zero by 2030.
You will be responsible for supporting the delivery and implementation of the companies Health & Safety strategy in accordance with ethical guidelines and corporate policies of both internal and external vendors as well as auditing Health & Safety and environmental operations and delivering demonstrable evidence of legal, statutory and environmental compliance.
You will have experience of delivering environmental accreditations and delivering best practice in this field.
What are we looking for?
- A formal management qualification in Health & Safety and environmental management
- Practical application of auditing and membership of the IIRSM or IOSH at Diploma level, or equivalent
- A NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of delivering effective health & Safety management
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001
- Experience of delivering Environmental accreditation ISO 14001
- Writing of QHSE standards/procedures for inclusion within a safety management system
- Demonstrable experience of Risk Management strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrable experience of Monitoring and Analysis of Health & Safety management system performance
- Development and implementation of policy and processes
- Working experience and knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- Experience of dealing with internal employees, contractors and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below (for this position, “Work Examples” are not required so please submit your CV or covering letter again in this field).
Closing date: 19 March 2023
Interview date: W/c 27 March 2023
Due to high volumes of applications, we are unable to respond to everyone, however, should you be shortlisted for interview we will be in touch. We may also close an advert earlier than the date above if we receive enough quality applications.
Please note that you must be able to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. We are unable to proceed with any candidates who cannot show the relevant documentation so please only apply if you meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to building an authentic and diverse environment where all are encouraged to be themselves. We champion work/life balance and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation. We value applications from all sections of society and appreciate divergent experience, therefore if you are excited about the role and working with us, yet your past experience may not align perfectly with every single skill or competency, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Registered Charity No. 210566