Alex Tart Architects are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Project Architect looking for a new opportunity to join our boutique architectural practice, where we specialise in high end residential work. Our office is located in Putney SW London and there is also potential to work from home part of the week.
We are a friendly office, with a passion for designing beautiful houses. Projects range from refurbishments in Central London, to new country houses.
The Position Available:
Working closely with the Director and Associate Architect you will have full responsibility for managing projects. Projects could include renovations, extensions, new builds and may be focused on classical or modern design or a combination of both.
You will be the client’s key contact, dealing with them directly through all stages of the project. You will also be the main contact for all consultants and other staff that may be related to the project. Overall, you will also be responsible for managing the internal staffing costs for the project and ensuring that the project is completed within budget.
The Skills & Experience Required:
- Solid experience in high end residential projects located within London.
- A demonstrated ability to challenge and lead a professional team and carry out detailed co-ordination with other consultants
- Excellent design & presentation skills, along with proven technical ability
- A demonstratable record of running projects from inception to completion while keeping them on budget and completed in the available timeframe
- Robust experience in detailing of residential refurbishment projects is essential (both internal and external). Also understanding the technical and statutory issues inherent to these projects is essential.
- Ability & interest in working on both classical and modern design projects
- High proficiency in AutoCAD (essential), Word, Excel, Sketchup and Photoshop is useful.
- Very strong communication skills, fluent in English verbal and written
- Knowledge of the latest building regulations and British Standards (essential).
- Skill at freehand sketching is considered a major asset
- A positive attitude and a collaborative team approach, essential
We are considering candidates with over 5 years of relevant experience post Part 3 in the London residential market. We may also consider applications from Senior Architects with extensive London residential market experience.
Remuneration will depend upon the level of experience.
Individual applicants only, not recruitment firms.
We envisage that we might not be able to respond to all candidates due to the number of applications.