Senior Urban Designer
If you are an Urban Designer with proven and wide experience in a design practice, then the Capital Delivery Service at Sheffield City Council may have the perfect opportunity you are looking for.
Working for Sheffield City Council brings with it great opportunities and benefits. We are proud of the offer we make to staff which includes one of the best pension schemes available in any sector and values that support family friendly working arrangements.
Senior Urban Designer role:
This role delivers the opportunity to deliver back to the city and its residents, and to contribute across a wide range of project delivery types with schemes ranging from city centre public realm, local area regeneration, large scale infrastructure, through to new build housing schemes.
- Provide a lead role in master planning and urban design projects across a range of sectors and scales
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team working cohesively as part of Capital Delivery Service
- Benefit from a flexible hybrid mode of working
- Have access to exceptional training and development opportunities
- Contribute to the ongoing best practice of capital project delivery
- Essential qualifications for the role:
- Post graduate Urban Design qualification and supporting undergraduate degree in Urban Design or relevant related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-qualification experience as an urban designer or similar
- Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, and also within multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent and well proven design and master planning skills, always showing openness to innovation
- A high degree of technical competence and construction knowledge
The Capital Delivery Service team consists of 75+ staff in a variety of management, technical and professional roles and has an in-house multi-disciplinary design team (architecture, landscape, structural /civil engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering) that provides design services to a wide range of construction projects.
The Service is a fully traded one, charging fees for the services it provides and operating as a professional project design and delivery consultancy within the City Council.
We are investing in our workforce and are promoting opportunities to our under-represented groups. We value equality, diversity and inclusion and are focused on increasing the diversity of our workforce, particularly the number of Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Disabled and LGBTQ+ people, so that our teams reflect the communities in the city we serve. We are also supporting staff with unpaid caring responsibilities to work flexibly.
It is a great time to join us and we welcome your application.
Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
Full-time employees work 37 hours for 52 weeks of the year and we offer a generous holiday entitlement. We are open to discussions about a wide range of flexible working opportunities which benefit you and the Council, including reduced hour contracts, working part time or as a job share.
Informal contact: Helen Mitchell - firstname.lastname@example.org