Dickson Architects are seeking to employ an Architectural Technician/Technically minded Architect, to work in our London office.
We are a young and ambitious practice, located in Bethnal Green, East London. Our workload is varied across a range of sectors, with each project tailored to the individual clients’ needs.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in UK practice, having worked in the commercial retail and office sectors. Our current schemes which the successful candidate would be involved in are primarily office refurbishments in central London, a high-end food retail scheme in West London and a new build veterinary surgery.
What we can offer you:
- Immediate start.
- The opportunity to join a small team, enjoying experience of working on a variety of schemes, at varying stages. Primarily, involvement will be focused on tender production.
- The chance to apply construction knowledge during the design development process. Your technical knowledge of construction and materials will be welcome in assisting the Director during the design development process, in particular when choosing external envelope materials and suitable site specific construction methods.
- A salary that is competitive, and dependent on extent of UK based practice experience.
- Capable of engaging in dialogue with Building Control and producing relevant drawing packages and documents to address Building Regulations issues.
- Liaising with other consultants. Co-ordinating Architectural design packages with, for example, corresponding M&E and Structural packages.
- To attend on-site technical design workshops with specialist installers.
- Liaise with the construction team to address technical queries from site, during construction phase.
- To produce complete detail drawing packages for construction issue.
- To be up to date with the current Building Regulations and aware of the relevant current British Standards.
- Confident in completing due diligence checks on all proposed materials, for incorporation into detail drawing packages and specifications.
- To implement and issue tender packages.
- Autocad proficient
- Experience of writing NBS Specifications/or Performance Specifications.
If this position sounds of interest and you fulfil the above criteria, please email a pdf of your current cv and a small selection of your portfolio showing relevant commercial construction detail examples, to: email@example.com
Should your experience be relevant, once we have reviewed your cv, we would love to meet with you and discuss how you would fit into our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!