Senior Architect & Accommodation Expert Witness
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Architect has arisen to continue to use their skills whilst also training to become an Accommodation Expert Witness! I am seeking an experienced Architect looking to better people's lives with their knowledge and understanding of accessible design. This role would suit a skilled Architect that is looking to challenge themselves in something new whilst still having the opportunity to continue to have oversight on architectural projects - continue to do the bits of the job you like and have the support team around you to pick up the rest.
In times of economic uncertainty, this opportunity will also give the successful candidate greater job security as the workflow for Accommodation Expert Witness rides the peaks and troughs of recession far better than the traditional Architect's workflow.
Celebrating its 40th year in Practice in 2023, our client is recognised as one of the leading architectural firms for inclusive design across residential and commercial sectors in the UK and has a strong portfolio of projects covering residential, education, healthcare, leisure, hospitality, sports and heritage/ conservation.
With over 30 years of experience in the Expert Witness world my client has built a very strong reputation and enjoys many repeat clients. With success comes success and a higher workload which means they are seeking an experienced Architect to join their team to start the journey to becoming an Accommodation Expert Witness who advises the Court on the accommodation needs of people who have been seriously injured. Due to the unique nature of the role, we highly recommend speaking directly to Hunter Dunning to discuss the position and the thorough on-the-job training process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Initially a period of training to become an Accommodation Expert Witness. Full training both in-house and externally will be provided including shadowing a qualified Expert Witness through the whole process and progressing to drafting reports and full Expert Witness accreditation with Cardiff University. This process would typically be over a 6-month period.
- You will have the option to work on selected projects as a Senior Architect throughout all RIBA stages, using your experience to oversee a team on the project. This role would provide you with the opportunity to work across both disciplines
- Visiting claimants at their homes, assessing needs and future design requirements
- Developing case reports
- Attending case conferences with Solicitors
- On rare occasions (less than 1% of cases), you may need to give evidence to Court, this is mainly via video call but you may be required to attend Court in person
- Providing architectural services and oversight of projects within your areas of experience and expertise
Required Skills and Experience
- ARB Qualified Architect
- Driving licence
- 10 years post qualification experience
- Experience in designing buildings related to accessibility, including healthcare, educational or residential settings. Experience in adapting homes for disabled people would be highly advantageous
- Residential project design experience
- Outgoing, articulate, literate, and personable (people skills is hugely important for this appointment)
- Confident dealing with clients and other professionals
- Good command of the English language, both written and oral.
What you get back
- Salary typically 20% higher than equivalent pure architectural role
- 23 days holiday
- Free on-site parking
- 4% contribution pension
- Life insurance and private medical
- Payment of RIBA membership
- Flexible working once training is complete
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? Refer a friend to us and we'll give you £300 worth of vouchers!
Find out more about our referral scheme, including the T&C's here: https://www.hunterdunning.co.uk/refer-a-friend/
Senior Architect and Accommodation Expert Witness job in East Grinstead, West Sussex - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson job Ref:13253)