School Technical Manager
UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON
School Technical Manager
School of Architecture, Technology and Engineering
Location: Brighton – Moulsecoomb
Salary: £46,047 to £53,353 per annum
Closing Date: Tuesday 17 January 2023
The University of Brighton is seeking to appoint a School Technical Manager for the school of Architecture, Technology & Engineering. Following a recent restructure this is an exciting time to join either school in this new role where you will provide strategic leadership to a large technical team to enable the successful delivery of research and teaching provision across our degree subject areas and industry leading research projects. The role will call for change and project management experience, excellent interpersonal skills, and a dedication to providing excellent customer service, compliance and health & safety assurance.
Working with academic, technical and administrative colleagues to strategically manage, lead and develop a comprehensive technical operation within the School you will take responsibility for managing critical and urgent issues, developing technical management procedures and shaping the structure of the area of activity through assessing and deploying technical capabilities to deliver innovative technical solutions.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
• Substantial technical expertise and knowledge in the subject areas delivered by the school
• Demonstrable interest in, and knowledge of, trajectories of relevant technical services provision in higher education.
• Experience with financial planning, management of budgets and liaison with external suppliers and contractors
• Excellent communication and liaison skills, with the ability to listen to and understand the requirements of multiple stakeholders and balance competing priorities.
• Proven experience of providing assurance and compliance with H&S legislation
• A passion for nurturing, mentoring and developing talent
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Paulette Lyden, School Operations Manager email@example.com
We welcome applications from candidates seeking to job share.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from Minority Ethnic backgrounds because the university is underrepresented by Minority Ethnic staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us [brighton.ac.uk] section of our vacancies page.