AHR is a multi-award winning architecture and building consultancy practice, operating in the UK and internationally. Based on our strong heritage and breadth of services, we provide imaginative solutions to make a positive contribution for our clients, society and the built environment.
Our people make us who we are – we are a people business and want to create a welcoming and supportive environment where all can flourish. We see diversity as a strength which creates fresh perspectives and generates new ideas.
We enjoy what we do and are determined to do an outstanding job. We deliver best when working in teams. Our culture is a product of the combined mindsets and behaviours of our people.
Due to our continued growth and expanding portfolio, we are looking to add to our existing team in London.
We work across a broad range of projects from large scale private residential developments to small scale social housing developments. The team also work across a number of transport and education projects and community and health centres.
You will be an ambitious architect who is capable of leading a design team and is keen to flourish in a busy London studio. You will have excellent design and technical skills and a strong eye for detail. A working knowledge of Revit is essential as well as the ability to work on all RIBA stages.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient Revit user with a minimum of 2 years Revit experience (we assess at interview) All round ability to work at all stages.
- However, we are seeking both front end and delivery architects.
- Strong design and presentation skills
- Ability to work through design problems and provide solutions.
- ARB Registered Architect
- Experience working in a UK Architectural studio
- Experience on small, medium, and large projects throughout their lifecycle
- Residential experience essential, education and transport experience would be advantageous
- Good understanding of UK building regulations
- Attend regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- Carry out Designer Risk Assessments (CDM)
- Prepare detailed design drawings
- Take a brief and develop into a concept design
- Troubleshoot any and all problems associated with the project to QA procedures
- Able to prepare working drawings and schedules and prepare specifications
- High level working knowledge of UK construction and building law
- Some financial management of projects
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Working hours: 37 hours per week (Hybrid Working)
- 31 days holiday inclusive (inclusive of public holidays) increasing with service
- Support with career progression and education
- BUPA Health
- Cash Plan
- Annual bonus
In return we offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a hybrid working pattern of home/office in a great studio close to transport links.
This is a great opportunity to join our highly creative and ambitious team and be part of a design-led progressive practice.
If this sounds like it could be the role for you, please apply through our careers site. You will be asked to upload your CV and portfolio as part of your application. Portfolio should demonstrate your recent practice work alongside any student work if relevant.
We welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on any grounds other than ability to carry out the job role.
If you require any adjustments to make the recruitment process easier, please let us know.