We are seeking an experienced associate architect who is looking to join a thriving, design led architectural practice based in the West Country. Based in either Somerset near the beautiful Exmoor coast, or our studio in Honiton, Devon close to the Blackdown Hills we work across both counties, where we are committed to creating uniquely tailored architecture for private residential and cultural clients.
We are actively building a diverse team and welcome applications from everyone including people of different ages. We are offering a full-time salary in the range of £45,000 to £55,000 plus pension depending on your skills and experience. A part time role would also be considered for the right person.
With a focussed, friendly, and supportive studio atmosphere, our standards and expectations are high and we support flexible ways of working to allow a good work-life balance for our team. We are an Employee Ownership Trust, offering a real engagement with the future of the practice as well as potential for additional rewards over and above agreed salary depending on practice performance. We care about architecture, and we value our team.
The position will suit someone who has experience in reuse and renewal of existing buildings as well as contemporary architecture with excellent design, technical and organisational skills. You will be responsible for leading your own projects from concept to completion with support from our talented and experienced team. Your role will also include providing support and guidance to other team members.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced architect to work at associate level, who is creative and focused, and who cares about good design and enjoys the technical demands of delivering great architecture in a collaborative environment. Do you:
- Have at least 10 years post Part 3 in-practice UK experience of acting as project architect for a portfolio of projects through all RIBA Stages of work?
- Enjoy the challenge of designing and executing bespoke projects often in traditional buildings, and in sensitive contexts or settings?
- Care about and have experience of sustainable construction and energy efficient design?
- Have a friendly approach and a willingness to work as a team player?
- Will you bring fresh ideas and experience that will make a difference and contribute to our practice?
- Thrive within beautiful landscapes and outdoor environments? We regularly work within National Parks and AONBs.
- Have experience of using Vectorworks, Adobe Suite and NBS Building software, where we use Apple Macs? Whilst experience of these would be an advantage, training will be given if needed.
Our studios are a collaborative design environment where solving problems through good design is a fundamental part of practice life. We will invest in you, learn from you, and will value what you have to offer.
Please send a covering letter, outlining why you would like to join us, along with your cv and not more than 6 examples of your own design work and technical construction drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org