Architectural CAD Technician
Full time highly experienced Architectural CAD Technician needed to join a small new exciting Architecture firm!
Due to projects moving forwards to Stage 4, a fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Architectural Part 3 CAD technician with technical detailing expertise to join a new, small residential architectural firm based partly in London and partly in Brighton. An immediate start is needed! The successful experienced Architectural CAD Technician will earn £22,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience. The contract is a 12 month fixed term contract with a 6 month probation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful experienced CAD Technician will work on medium to large residential build projects, producing full tender packs from scratch and liaising with other consultants. Particular expertise in SIPs construction is required.
As a highly experienced Architectural CAD Technician, your core responsibilities will include:
- Creating and detailing building designs from Stage 4 onwards.
- The highly detailed drawings will be created using computer-aided design (CAD) applications including Microstation.
- Excellent Microstation skills are absolutely key to the role Liaising with construction professionals about the construction methods and specific detailing requirements, and drawing and producing the full tender packs
- Experience in detailing designs using SIPs construction methods
- Working with the Managing director to produce full project specifications and advising on all technical aspects of the project
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and structural engineers
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during tender and construction
- Working from home or using an available office space in Southwark, London.
- Maintaining close communication with the managing director, with weekly meetings to report on progress
- Travelling to building sites occasionally as the projects move forward
The highly experienced Architectural CAD Technician will need to possess the following skills and experience:
Significant experience in construction detailing residential buildings is required, including advanced Microstation skills.Good communicator and able to take control of producing full sets of highly detailed construction drawings and specifications.
If you’re interested in the highly experienced Architectural CAD Technician position, please submit a covering letter in addition to your CV detailing your specific experience, and telling us why you believe you are the right candidate for this role.
Apply for Architectural CAD Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly