We are looking for an exceptionally talented Technician / Technologist with experience in working with historic buildings to join our Norwich studio.
This role will be to aid the Studio and established team to manage a number of projects and develop their skillset and knowledge within the construction industry. Experience in the design and specification of repairs and alterations to historic buildings is required (though conservation accreditation is not an imperative requirement it will be a short-term goal).
Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
Our benefits include agile working (3 days in office, 2 WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
The successful Architectural Technician / Technologist will be working within an enthusiastic and growing team. Daily responsibilities will include running projects throughout all RIBA stages, working directly with clients and other consultants and at times managing a small team of assistants. You will be able to communicate well, demonstrate attention to detail and be knowledgeable about traditional building construction. We wish to see evidence of detailing and procurement of work in preserving historic buildings and ensuring their long-term integrity.
- Learning, applying, and sharing the core expertise and specialisms of Purcell.
- Working closely with our existing team for ongoing projects.
- Directing internal and external consultant teams and clients, alongside project managers.
- Assisting in 2D and 3D drawing and modelling production using HBIM through Revit
- Investigating and offering technical advice on factors that affect building development, including user needs, site and building surveys, and regulatory requirements
- Monitoring designs for health and safety and contributing to risk assessments
- Coordinating detailed technical information from RIBA Stage 3 onwards
- Preparing specifications for construction work
- Preparing drawings, plans, and documents for statutory approvals
- Obtaining tenders for construction work
- Preparing repair-focused applications for approval by regulatory bodies
- Attending and sometimes leading site surveys and visits
- Undertaking Contract Administrator responsibilities in conjunction with a senior team member
- Contributing to and sometimes leading meetings and document preparation
- Researching new repair and construction processes, building legislation and technology.
- Contributing to the development of a competent project team.
- Demonstrating and encouraging ‘One Family’ values.
- Learning, applying, sharing the core expertise and specialisms of HBIM Modelling.
- Developing and enhancing our conservation and repairs reputation.
- Adhering to current technical standards - Purcell and the wider industry.
- Focusing on Client satisfaction.
- Contributing to work winning, project delivery and project profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in a relevant subject such as architecture, construction, or architectural technology.
- Excellent or good proficiency in using HBIM software (REVIT).
- Excellent proficiency in 2D drafting using AutoCAD and 3D modelling in Revit, FormIt or SketchUp
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or other graphic presentation software.
- Working alongside Architects and senior staff producing all documents associated with construction projects.
- Self-checking capability to ensure all outputs are accurate and easy to interpret
- Persistence and determination.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team-focused communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Thorough understanding of computer systems and applications and desire to develop further.
- Good presentation skills (Visual, written & spoken) and contribution to high quality documentation
- Understanding of industry technical standards and statutory requirements
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to manage self, prioritise, work under pressure, and to meet deadlines
- Personable, confident and with a strong sense of team spirit.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.
Apply for Technician/Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly