Part II Architectural Assistant
Role – Experienced Part II
The individual will be one of a number of young and talented architects in our London studio and will be a key part of the architecture team. He or she will work with a team of architectural assistants, technicians and more experienced architects and associates, under the line management of a Director on a daily basis, with responsibility for design elements and aspects of delivery of their team’s projects across various sectors including Residential, Commercial, Education and Mixed use.
At Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher we focus on design led, original and efficient schemes from project inception to delivery. Working alongside our Interior Architecture team we foster an open, direct and collaborative work culture that inspires great work for us and our clients.
Responsibilities + Skills
These will include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of an architectural team to successfully complete tasks/projects.
- Excellent communication skills; including people management and staff delegation
- Demonstrate strong design sensitivity and project running ability.
- Production of drawn and graphic information in 2D and 3D
- Deliver project through all RIBA work stages at the highest standard
- Responsible for project based delivery of and maintenance of Quality assurance for their team/projects.
- Effective and profitable project delivery to achieve required financial targets / business plan.
- Show Awareness of productive team working
This role is suited to an experienced PII architectural assistant or recently qualified (Part III) individual with excellent design skills, including the ability to plan, describe, sketch and model complex design briefs. This will include the production of multiple options and to demonstrate rational, cool decision making in project design at inception, pre-planning , post-planning and technical stages of work alongside the design team.
The individual will show commitment and professional drive, take key directions and work at pace, be able to work under their own steam, self-checking, using their initiative as part of the Design team or alone on individual projects tasks.
A good working knowledge of current UK Planning and Building Regulation legislation is important and experience in particular in residential developments advantageous.
- Part I and II from a leading school of Architecture
- Show knowledge of one or more sectors, preferably residential
- Autodesk Revit / 3-d modelling and AutoCAD capability
- Have a creative and an inspiring approach
- Have good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Show an excellent level of education from a leading architecture school
- Show a keen interest in the built environment
- Initiative and drive, with a positive attitude
- Aspiration to work on innovative schemes
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Be able to work under own initiative or as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work at all levels with colleagues and clients
- Excellent Communication skills – both verbally and written
- Good people skills
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- We are looking for candidates who have the confidence, tenacity and professionalism to produce high quality designs.
- The company culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
- The successful candidate will need to have good communication skills and have the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team.
- They will need to be willing to develop new skills beyond their core knowledge and have the ability to meet deadlines.
An excellent opportunity to join a thriving and ambitious design team which offers strong career prospects.
Please provide a cover letter, CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every candidate.
Strictly no agencies.