Remote and Peterborough Office
£35,000 - £40,000 Experience Dependant
We have a wonderful opportunity for a proactive and experienced Architect to join our studio with the opportunity to work both remotely and from our Peterborough office.
A key position within our young and expanding studio, you will be working closely with the director to lead and deliver, with support from our talented team, a range of projects. Amongst others, you will have the opportunity to work on bespoke one-off homes in beautiful countryside locations, rural diversification projects for discerning landowners, and mixed-use developments in London.
The right person should be diligent with experience preparing and submitting a range of planning-applications for both new-build and Listed properties in the UK with excellent writing skills and the ability to prepare strong and considered design & access statements. You should have a good understanding of UK building regulations and experience compiling tender and construction packages. This position will see you lead projects from initial feasibility and concept design, to planning, tender and construction. As such, previous experience across all RIBA stages of work is beneficial.
Physical and creative applications are very much welcome. Please also feel free to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A passion for architecture with strong design sensibility.
- Experience running projects from inception to completion across all RIBA work stages.
- Experience preparing pre-applications and planning applications including compiling design and access statements.
- Knowledge and experience of working with local planning authorities with a good understanding of UK policy.
- Good technical capability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and the internal design team.
- Willingness to take responsibility and coordinate a small design team.
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks (or willingness to learn).
- Proficiency in SketchUp or Rhino and Adobe Suite.
- Strong attention to detail. Proactive attitude.
- Fluent in English (verbally and written).
- ARB Registration.
- Right to work in the UK.
About the Studio
Our vision is to 'Inspire Awe and Joy through sustainable Architectural Projects'. We are a friendly, collaborative practice that works with a wide range of clients from ambitious private homeowners to family trusts and commercial landowners. Each project is unique and rooted in site-inspired design with consideration for the immediate and wider context – leading to sympathetic and intuitive interventions that celebrate and add richness to each project. Our mission is to create exceptional architecture that positively contributes to the wider environment and the people that our buildings serve – ensuring our buildings invoke a true sense of place, meaning and purpose.
The successful candidate will be part of our expanding studio and become an integral part of our team with plenty of opportunities for professional development and career progression. We offer flexible, remote-working opportunities to all our employees with currently core one to two days a week working in the office to maintain our strong team culture, galvanise creativity and provide hands-on support to our team.
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter, CV and sample portfolio to email@example.com. We also welcome physical and creative applications. Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret that we are not able to respond to all applicants.