ARCHITECT / SENIOR ARCHITECT (with Revit) – PRESTON
At Wilson Mason, we believe architecture has the power to change the world. We strive to make a positive impact through our work, never losing sight of the people who use our buildings, the communities we serve, and the legacy we leave.
Wilson Mason is a national, award-winning architectural practice with offices in London and near Preston. Our approach is open, interactive and collaborative. We strive to make a positive impact through our work to help clients envision a better future and get there successfully.
We foster an inclusive company culture based on integrity, cooperation and creativity with an infectiously positive can-do attitude which infuses everything we do.
We are looking for an Architect who is passionate about the positive impact good design can generate, who thrives on leading creative project teams and delivers quality and excellence for every client.
Under the direction of a Partner, the successful candidate will hold a key role in the project team, making a significant contribution in the delivery of each project.
Covering an exciting and diverse range of work, from large scale commercial and high-profile new builds over £20 million, to £10 million refurbishment projects across sectors including Higher Education, Science and Research, and Retail.
Position: Full time, Permanent Contract
Hours: Mon – Fri, 9am to 5.30pm
Role & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join our team in Preston and work across all RIBA stages, from concept design to handover and upon completion. You will also lead the co-ordination process with other disciplines from outside of the practice to deliver highly coordinated designs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post qualification experience in the design and delivery of a range of large complex projects would be advantageous
- Be able to work effectively and collaboratively with people at all levels and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proficient in AutoCAD / Revit / BIM
- Extensive understanding of UK Building Regulations and planning processes
- Team-working ethic and capability
- Ability to self-motivate and work alone when necessary
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of project management
- Ability to chair meetings, ensuring roles, responsibilities and scope of work is communicated clearly
- Site experience
- Diplomatic and able to resolve disputes in a professional manner
- NBS specification writing and desktop publishing experience
- Car ownership is a necessity
The role would suit a creative and ambitious Architect who wishes to work on a broad range of sectors and make a real impact within a successful national practice. Ideally candidates for the position should reside permanently within a thirty-five-mile radius of the Samlesbury office.
Salary & Package
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on experience, plus the following:
- 28 days annual holiday
- Full office closure over Christmas in addition to your annual leave allowance
- Annual pay reviews
- A discretionary bonus dependent on company and personal performance
- Flexible working policy
- Life Insurance cover
- Private Health cover once probation period completed
- Pension scheme, with well above minimum Employer contributions
- Eyecare vouchers
Alongside the generous remuneration package, our friendly practice can offer a superb career path including training, ongoing CPD and social events, as well as the opportunity to work on innovative projects. Our office is rurally located only 3 minutes from M6 junction 31, within easy access of Manchester & Liverpool, whilst avoiding the difficulties of city centre commuting.
Wilson Mason is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Wilson Mason value, embrace and celebrate a diverse workforce and actively encourage applicants from a variety of backgrounds, with unique, individual professional and lived experience to further enrich our culture.
We adhere to fair and accessible recruitment processes and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments required during the application or interview process.
Please submit by email a CV in PDF format together with availability to Wilson Mason at email@example.com and highlight ‘ARCHITECT / SENIOR ARCHITECT CV’ as the e-mail subject.
No agency or 3rd party applications will be accepted, thank you.