Purcell are looking for design focused architects with around 2-4 years post- qualification experience to join our London Studio. Applicants should have strong design skills as well as excellent technical and conservation skills, and be able to demonstrate competence and capability in the delivery of architectural projects through all workstages, with the ability to successfully lead a team.
Purcell is an award-winning architectural and heritage consultancy practice with a strong commitment to quality. We have staff of approximately 250 talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 14 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from meticulous heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a top AJ100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy. The successful candidate will evidence keen attention to detail and high-quality examples of work submitted with their applications. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and understanding of Purcell’s projects and culture.
Our benefits include agile working (3 days in office, 2 WFH), flexible working with core hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
• Part 3 qualified and have at least 2-4 years working as a Project Architect for a UK based practice or equivalent professional qualification.
• Design flair.
• Excellent technical skills.
• Conservation experience.
• Have a strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations.
• Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized team.
• Well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Proven experience working on all RIBA stages.
• Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills.
• Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills.
• Experience in using and or managing others using technical software.
• Project management and contract administration skills.
• AutoCAD experience is essential, Revit is desirable.