Our Manchester Studio is expanding their team and are looking for an exceptional Architect to join them.
Purcell is a World Architecture Top 100 practice renowned for our excellence in architecture and heritage consultancy. We employ talented architects, designers, heritage consultants and surveyors across 11 offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. Together, we work on some of the finest buildings from heritage and conservation schemes to bold contemporary design.
Our Manchester Studio is expanding their team and are looking for an exceptional Architect to join them. We're after a results driven, highly motivated individual to focus on the delivery of a mixture of bespoke architectural projects. We are a progressive, employee-owned practice; where you will have the ability to identify opportunities and develop your career. It’s an entrepreneurial job, with lots of responsibility and the freedom to deliver results. This role offers the opportunity to be lead in the delivery of projects at all RIBA stages working collaboratively with a broad consultant team.
Being employee-owned means that through our employee forum, our employees have a say about how the business is run. It creates increased transparency, strengthened performance and allows everyone to share in the rewards. We offer a rewarding and supportive environment for personal and professional development.
Our benefits include agile and flexible working (minimum of 3 days in studio/ on site, with up to 2 days working from home), with core working hours of 10am-4pm, a bonus scheme and many more benefits, including bike2work scheme. We provide a strong culture of growth with many opportunities for training and development.
We are keen to talk to architects with around 2-4 years post- qualification experience. Applicants should be skilled in the delivery of architectural projects through all workstages, with the ability to successfully lead a team. Excellent technical and conservation skills, as well as strong design skills, will be essential in this role.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills:
- Part 3 qualified and have at least 2-4 years working as a Project Architect for a UK based practice or equivalent professional qualification.
- Project management and contract administration skills
- Have excellent technical skills
- Conservation experience
- Have a strong understanding of the UK Building and Planning regulations
- Leadership experience managing a small to medium sized team
- Well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Proven experience working on all RIBA stages
- Demonstrate good client-facing communication skills
- Excellent technical detailing
- Ability to organise and plan – analytical skills
- Experience in using and or managing others using technical software.
Please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio by following the application work flow via our website.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Purcell.