HR Advisor - FTC Maternity Cover
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£31,000 per annum
Location: London/Hybrid working with 2 days in the office
Hours: 35 hours per week, fixed term contract for 12 months (maternity leave cover)
Why Join us?
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
Hybrid Working/Remote Working
We offer a flexible approach to the working environment, with a minimum of 2 days working from the London office and the other days working remotely from home.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR professional to join our busy, vibrant HR team. To partner with our colleagues across the business and provide exceptional support throughout the colleague life cycle, as we continue to transform our organisation and ensure we’re in the best shape for the future.
This is a fixed term contract for approx. 12 months to provide cover in the team for maternity leave.
Wondering what we are looking for?
- A strong HR generalist background demonstrating experience, knowledge of HR policies and procedures and the ability to offer high quality professional advice and support to managers and colleagues on all HR related matters.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with ability to use own initiative and suggest solutions
- Strong administration experience within a busy office environment
- Excellent customer service focussed approach with ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and managers to the highest standard
- A strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, able to create and format a range of documents and HR materials
- A completer finisher with a can-do, flexible attitude
- Strong IT skills, including advanced Excel skills, HR systems experience and the ability to manipulate data, producing reports in an accurate and meaningful manner
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects along with robust organisational skills to meet deadlines
- A confident and passionate approach to work with a keen interest in keeping up-to-date with relevant legislation and HR trends
You will work with a friendly team, committed to making the RIBA a ‘great place to work’. We are ambitious and creative and looking for someone ready for an exciting challenge.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Wednesday 12 October 2022
Interview date: TBC
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body driving excellence in architecture. Our purpose is to serve members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment.
76 Portland Place
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert