Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: £32,000-£35,000pa (based on experience)
Location: London/Hybrid working dependant on the needs of the business
Hours: 35 hours per week, permanent
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
Our Marketing team runs campaigns to promote RIBA, its activities, events, products and services and thought leadership initiatives, covering topics from inspirational building design to sustainable architecture and business management. We target RIBA members, architects, construction industry professionals, policy makers, homeowners, cultural partners, advertisers and sponsors and the design-conscious public.
It’s an exciting time to join RIBA and deliver creative campaigns that promote our programme of architectural awards, exhibitions, events, learning activities and thought leadership initiatives to help build a ‘House of Architecture’.
We work in a collaborative and supportive team environment on a variety of interesting projects with creative, passionate people. We share ideas and experiment with new marketing approaches to get the best results.
Your role and portfolio:
The Marketing Executive works alongside the Marketing Manager to deliver tactical marketing campaigns utilising the full marketing mix. Their portfolio includes:
- Awards and prizes that recognise the best architecture, architects, research and students, including the Stirling Prize awarded annually to the UK’s best new building
- Exhibitions that showcase the RIBA Collections – featuring architectural movements, styles and ideas throughout history
- Cultural and professional event programme
- Learning activities for children and adults
- Education initiatives that support architecture students
- High-profile policy and thought leadership campaigns including ED&I and climate action
Campaign objectives include driving awareness, engagement and participation, increasing award entries, event bookings and exhibition footfall, and in turn supporting membership growth and satisfaction.
- Developing and delivering tactical marketing campaigns across the full marketing mix to meet targets and KPIs
- Planning campaign budgets and monitoring marketing spend
- Crafting key messages and propositions
- Audience segmentation, analysis and targeting
- Publishing and curating digital content
- Producing effective marketing collateral (digital and print) working with external agencies and suppliers
- Developing email marketing campaigns
- Social media marketing campaigns
- Event marketing and on-site support
- Monitoring/measuring campaign outcomes reporting back on ROI, offering insight and making recommendations for change and optimisation
Wondering what we are looking for?
We seek an experienced all-round marketer with creative flair and who has planned and delivered tactical marketing campaigns using the full marketing mix.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of different customer groups, strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload to meet deadlines, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
You should have experience in delivering email, social media and content marketing activity, excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, experience of Google Analytics, email platforms (e.g. Adestra, Mailchimp), CRM databases, event marketing, publishing content using website CMSs and delivering campaign reporting to give insight and aid decision making.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in culture or the arts sectors on events, exhibitions and thought leadership initiatives.
A business/marketing qualification is desirable.
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application
Closing date: Sunday 16 October 2022
Interview date: First Interviews: w/c 17 and 24 October. Second interviews w/c 31 October
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566