Construction Project Manager (Capital Projects)
Hyde Park, London, with travel to all parks
As the Royal Parks charity, we protect and conserve over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for a Construction Project Manager (Capital Projects) to join us for a permanent contract, working 36 hours per week.
- Salary of £37,192 - £43,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 26 days’ annual leave plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days’ after 3 years’ service
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Cycle to work scheme
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented project delivery professional to join our fantastic organisation as we support some of the most beautiful spaces in London.
You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we recently gained charitable status affording greater freedom to work in ways that will benefit the parks and their users. The Royal Parks are a key part of London and in this role, you will be able to develop a wide range of professional skills in a unique historic environment.
What’s more, this is a brand-new role, giving you the chance to make your mark, not just on the job but, on the future image of London’s most iconic parks.
As a Construction Project Manager (Capital Projects), you will work on a range of refurbishment and new build projects within our parks.
You will manage planning consultants, engineers and building contractors, taking concepts through design, planning and tender, and developing relationships with specialists internally to achieve the successful delivery of largely public-facing projects.
We also have an ongoing programme of staff accommodation works to allow for more flexible working arrangements. You will oversee the implementation of these changes as well as assisting in the provision of facilities for our volunteering groups.
Additionally, you will:
- Line manage the Assistant Project Manager
- Assist in the delivery of Water Management projects
- Attend and minute meetings with consultants, stakeholders and project partners
- Assist with risk management, maintaining risk and issue logs
To be considered as a Construction Project Manager (Capital Projects), you will need:
- Experience of managing project delivery according to RIBA Stages 0-7
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams including sub-consultants
- Experience of planning application submissions and working with planning consultants
- Experience of working with Contractors in the delivery of construction projects
- The ability to create a detailed, budgeted and risk-assessed Project Brief
- Highly developed negotiation and customer-facing skills
- A degree level qualification or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience
A PRINCE2 Foundation (or equivalent) or a Project Management degree with relevant post-qualification experience and membership of the Association for Project Management (APM) would be beneficial to your application.
Knowledge and experience of public sector procurement and contract administration and an understanding of financial reporting would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Programme and Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, or Planning and Project Delivery Manager.
The Royal Parks is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit and we encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
So, if you’re ready to step into a new role as a Construction Project Manager (Capital Projects), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.