Membership Development Executive
Be part of the vision; be part of the RIBA.
The RIBA is a global professional membership body, and a cultural organisation, driving excellence in architecture.
Salary: c£35,840 per annum depending upon experience and location
Location: London or Liverpool based with hybrid working
Hours: 35 hours per week, full time permanent contract
Why Join us? Our Benefits:
The RIBA offers an amazing employee benefits package which includes (a) a generous pension scheme with employer contributions (up to 12%), (b) life assurance, (c) annual leave of 26.5 days plus bank holidays, paid closure of 3.5 discretionary days between Christmas and New Year and a half-day for Christmas Shopping plus a season ticket loan. For more details on our benefits click here
About the Role
Membership numbers at the RIBA continue to grow both in the UK and overseas and this is an exciting opportunity to join an established and friendly team to further membership growth.
A key requirement of this role is to help grow the RIBA’s Membership base across all categories of membership through the employment of a wide breadth of recruitment tactics including direct sales, data entry and analysis and direct and indirect marketing.
You will be working in close collaboration with other RIBA departments, you will report to the Head of Membership Development and as part of a team you will help develop and deliver the RIBA Membership recruitment plan to meet agreed annual targets. This will be achieved through developing new business relationships to proactively build a solid deliverable pipeline for new business and developing and managing initiatives and campaigns to raise the profile and awareness of the RIBA’s offer to potential members. You will be expected to travel occasionally within UK for different events.
Wondering what we are looking for?
The incumbent should possess the following skills:
- Be an excellent all-round communicator with the ability to consider opportunities to recruit new members and assess the risk or impact
- Express a positive attitude and possess strong experience of achieving within a structure and target driven environment.
- To be able to question and display strong listening skills to understand client needs, with experience of presenting to and engaging with clients at a senior level to win business.
- Excellent knowledge of CRM database management is essential.
- Proactively build a solid deliverable pipeline for new business.
- Develop and manage initiatives and campaigns to raise the profile and awareness of the RIBA’s services to potential member
If you would like to apply for the position, please view the full job description below (found at 'supporting documents') and submit your CV and covering letter using the form below. Additionally, please ensure that you complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which will be submitted separate from your application.
Closing date: Sunday, 9 October 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
(Please note that we may close an advert earlier than the date above if an exceptionally high volume of applications is received)
The RIBA aims to be an inclusive employer, committed to developing a varied and mixed workforce where all are encouraged to be themselves. We value applications from all sections of society and welcome requests for flexible working across our organisation.
Registered Charity No. 210566