Senior Layout designer Job in Ipswich Suffolk
A privately owned housing developer has a new Senior Layout Designer job in Ipswich, Suffolk. This is a great opportunity to join a company with a strong pipeline of projects and exciting plans for growth and development.
Established in 1985 they provide homes that are both sympathetically considered and beautifully built, which has led to respect and trust from Local Authorities and communities across their region, as well as multiple awards. Due to an increase in the scale of developments they are expanding their in-house design and technical teams and have an exciting role for a Senior layout designer to join their team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Production of initial feasibility studies
- Preparation of planning application drawings
- Taking a lead role in the management of projects
- Working directly with client and external planning professionals
- Visiting Site as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Possess a minimum of five years' experience working as either a residential developer or Architectural practice specialising in residential design
- Strong understanding of Urban design and placemaking
- An up to date understanding of Planning policy, design guides and the preparation of design codes
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD and Sketchup is essential
- Revit experience is highly beneficial
- An ability to prepare and compile detailed planning application drawings including house types, external works layouts and external materials schedules
- Ability to take a lead in a project and work as part of a larger project team
- Full UK driver's licence.
What you get back
- Car or car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- 1 day home working offered per week.
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Senior Layout designer Job in Ipswich, Suffolk - Your Architecture Recruitment Specialists (Recruiter: John Watson Job Ref: 12878)